C A Gogos
- Autoimmune cholangitis in a patient with celiac disease: a case report and review of the literatureC A Gogos
Department of Medicine, Patras University Medical School, Greece
J Hepatol 30:321-4. 1999..We describe here the uncommon association of autoimmune cholangitis with celiac disease and review the prevalence of liver diseases in patients with celiac disease...
- Pro- versus anti-inflammatory cytokine profile in patients with severe sepsis: a marker for prognosis and future therapeutic optionsC A Gogos
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Patras University Medical School, Patras, Greece
J Infect Dis 181:176-80. 2000....
- Comparative effects of ciprofloxacin and ceftazidime on cytokine production in patients with severe sepsis caused by gram-negative bacteriaC A Gogos
Department of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases Section, Patras University Medical School, Patras, Greece
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2793-8. 2004....
- Effect of cytokines and colony-stimulating factors on passive polymorphonuclear leukocyte deformability in vitroA T Skoutelis
Section of Infectious Diseases, Patras University Medical School, Patras, Greece
Cytokine 12:1737-40. 2000..When cytokines at concentrations with no effect on deformability were combined they increased PMN rigidity. The findings suggest that several cytokines and CSF impair directly, and not by activation alone, PMN deformability...
- Interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein as early markers of sepsis in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis or hyperosmosisC A Gogos
Department of Medicine, University of Patras, Medical School, Greece
Diabetologia 44:1011-4. 2001..We studied serum C-reactive protein and interleukin-6 to find out how useful these might be for identifying sepsis...
- The effects of lipids on the immune response of patients with cancerC A Gogos
Patras University Medical School, Dpt of Medicine, Rion Patras 26500, Patras, Greece
J Nutr Health Aging 4:172-5. 2000..Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids seem to have an anti-tumor effect through their immunomodulating, anti-inflammatory action and direct inhibition of tumor cell proliferation via alteration in prostaglandin E2 production...
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and C virus infection in the general population and selected groups in South-Western GreeceC A Gogos
Department of Infectious Diseases, Patras University Hospital, Patras, Greece
Eur J Epidemiol 18:551-7. 2003..The prevalence of anti-bodies to the HCV was found 0.5%, even lower than the rate reported in the Mediterranean region. Parenteral exposure was the main risk factor for the transmission of HCV infection...
- Prognostic value of phagocytic activity of neutrophils and monocytes in sepsis. Correlation to CD64 and CD14 antigen expressionD D Danikas
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School and University Hospital, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Clin Exp Immunol 154:87-97. 2008..Reduced phagocytic activity of neutrophils may represent a state of neutrophil inactivation similar to that previously described for monocytes during the compensatory anti-inflammatory response...