Affiliation: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Living-related transplantation of an ectopic pelvic kidneyVasilios Papanikolaou
Department of Transplantation Surgery, Aristotle University, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Urol 14:357-9. 2007..After the transplantation, there was an immediate function of the allograft and the donor's postoperative course was uneventful. The donor was discharged on the fifth postoperative day...
- Tc-99m sestamibi accuracy in detecting parathyroid tissue is increased when combined with preoperative laboratory values: a retrospective study in 453 Greek patients with chronic renal failure who underwent parathyroidectomyV Papanikolaou
Department of Organ Transplantation, Hippokration General Hospital, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Hellas
Transplant Proc 40:3163-5. 2008..Technetium(99m) sestamibi (MIBI) has poor sensitivity and specificity when applied to patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism. We investigated whether the combination of MIBI with preoperative parameters increased its accuracy...
- Use of everolimus in de novo renal recipients: initial experience in the Greek populationV Papanikolaou
Organ Transplant Unit, Hippokration General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Hellas
Transplant Proc 40:3166-9. 2008..In addition, the incidence of wound dehiscence was 33.34% versus 3.92% and the incidence of cytomegalovirus infection, 8.33% versus 17.64% for the same two groups, respectively...
- Prevalence and clinical impact of cytomegalovirus infection and disease in renal transplantation: ten years of experience in a single centerD Giakoustidis
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Medical School, Aristotle University and Hippokration General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece Electronic address
Transplant Proc 44:2715-7. 2012..Despite significant improvements in surgical techniques and immunosuppressive therapy, long-term graft survival has not markedly increased over the years, due in part to the occurrence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection...
- Liver transplantation outcomes in patients with cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma: experience of a single center in a viral hepatitis endemic areaG Imvrios
Organ Transplant Unit, Hippokration General Hospital, 49 Konstantinoupoleos Avenue, Thessaloniki 54642, Hellas
Transplant Proc 39:1508-10. 2007....
- Simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantation: initial results from a center in GreeceI Fouzas
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Aristotle University Medical School, Hippokration General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece Electronic address
Transplant Proc 44:2712-4. 2012..The outcome of simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantation (SPK) in type 1 diabetes has dramatically improved in recent years. We report the initial results of our SPK program...
- Epidemiologic trends in lung cancer over two decades in Northern Greece: an analysis of bronchoscopic dataT Kontakiotis
Bronchoscopy Unit, Dept of Pneumonology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 71:147-52. 2009..The aim of this study was to explore the changing epidemiology of lung cancer in Northern Greece over the last two decades...