Affiliation: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Significant experimental decrease of the hepatocellular carcinoma incidence in C3H/Sy mice after long-term administration of EB1089, a vitamin D analogueDespina Sahpazidou
Symeonides Research Center, Theagenio Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Oncol Res 13:261-8. 2003..0001) inhibitory effect on HCC incidence of C3H/Sy mice. This effect could be useful in a potential application on the chemopreventive control of HCCs...
- Synergistic interaction between a mixed ligand copper (II) chelate complex and two anticancer agents in T47D human breast cancer cells in vitroG D Geromichalos
Laboratory of Cell Culture Molecular Modeling and Drug Design, Symeonidio Research Center, Theagenio Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J BUON 11:469-76. 2006..Previous theoretical quantum-chemical studies of this complex and ass adducts with biological molecules elucidated the underlying mechanism of action of this complex...
- NSC 290205-based therapy in murine pancreatic adenocarcinoma PAN02 in combination with adriamycin (ADR)Athanasios Papageorgiou
Department of Experimental Chemotherapy, Symeonidion Research Center, Thessaloniki, Greece
Anticancer Res 26:243-7. 2006..In this study, the antitumor activity of A in combination with ADR (AHOP) was investigated in comparison with the standard CHOP regimen...
- Antitumour and cytogenetic effects of modified steroidal derivatives of propenoic acid: in vivo/in vitro studiesAthanasios Papageorgiou
Symeonidion Research Center, Theagenion Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Anticancer Res 30:4201-4. 2010....
- In vitro evaluation of the cytotoxicity of ProRoot MTA and MTA AngelusElisabeth A Koulaouzidou
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Oral Sci 50:397-402. 2008..Both MTA materials tested exerted mild suppression of cellular mitochondrial activity and may be characterized as biologically inert materials...
- Cytogenetic and antineoplastic effects of modified steroidal alkylatorsIrini Karapidaki
Laboratory of Biology and Genetics, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 14:93-7. 2010..The steroidal part is aimed to act as a biological platform enabling the alkylating moiety to approach its site of action by altering its physicochemical properties...
- Diorganotin(IV) complexes of dipeptides containing the alpha-aminoisobutyryl residue (Aib): preparation, structural characterization, antibacterial and antiproliferative activities of [(n-Bu)2 Sn(H(-1)L)] (LH=H-Aib-L-Leu-OH, H-Aib-L-Ala-OH)Eugenia Katsoulakou
Department of Chemistry, University of Patras, 265 04 Patras, Greece
J Inorg Biochem 102:1397-405. 2008..Complexes 1 and 2 are active against the gram-positive bacteria Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus cereus. The IC(50) values reveal that the two compounds express promising cytotoxic activity in vitro against a series of cell lines...