Triantafillos P Didangelos
Affiliation: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in normotensive type 1 diabetic patients with or without autonomic neuropathy: a radionuclide ventriculography studyTriantaffilos P Didangelos
2nd Propeudetic Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Diabetology, Aristotelian University Medical School, Hippocration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Diabetes Care 26:1955-60. 2003..To investigate the relation between diabetic autonomic neuropathy (DAN) and left ventricular (LV) function in type 1 diabetic patients...
- The ORLIstat and CArdiovascular risk profile in patients with metabolic syndrome and type 2 DIAbetes (ORLICARDIA) StudyT P Didangelos
Diabetes Center, Aristotelian University, Hippocration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Curr Med Res Opin 20:1393-401. 2004..Metabolic syndrome (MetSyn) is associated with a marked increase in the risk of cardiovascular disease, especially in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- Effect of quinapril or losartan alone and in combination on left ventricular systolic and diastolic functions in asymptomatic patients with diabetic autonomic neuropathyTriantafillos P Didangelos
Diabetes Center, 2nd Propedeutic Clinic of Internal Medicine, Hippocration Hospital, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, 49 Konstantinoupoleos Street, 546 42 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Diabetes Complications 20:1-7. 2006....
- Insulin pump therapy in adultsTriantafillos Didangelos
Diabetes Division, 1st Propeudetic Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, AHEPA Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 93:S109-13. 2011..Finally, the use of CSII in patients with Diabetes Mellitus type 2 now appears to be a good alternative to the ineffective MDI regimens observed in some of these patients...
- Insulin and the heartFotios Iliadis
Diabetes Division, 1st Propedeutic Department of Internal Medicine, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 93:S86-91. 2011..In this review we summarize the evidence that the heart is an important target of insulin action and that elimination of these actions is important in disease states...
- Long-term effect of converting enzyme inhibition on circadian sympathetic and parasympathetic modulation in patients with diabetic autonomic neuropathyV G Athyros
Division of Cardiology, Aristotelian University, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Acta Cardiol 53:201-9. 1998....
- The natural history of recently diagnosed autonomic neuropathy over a period of 2 yearsD T Karamitsos
Diabetes Center, 2nd Propedeutic Department of Internal Medicine, Aristotelian University, Hippocration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 42:55-63. 1998..Indices of standard cardiovascular autonomic function tests and heart rate variability (HRV) are reliable markers of the presence and severity of DAN...
- Initiative for a new diabetes therapeutic approach in a Mediterranean country: the INDEED studyV G Athyros
Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Syndrome Units, 2nd Propedeutic Department of Internal Medicine, Aristotelian University, Hippocration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1931-40. 2009..To assess the efficacy of a strategy to improve vascular risk management in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...