Affiliation: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Optimization of the sulforhodamine B colorimetric assayK T Papazisis
Theagenion Cancer Institute, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Immunol Methods 208:151-8. 1997..We conclude that aspiration of the growth medium prior to fixing comprises a safe and reliable practice which improves CV, linearity and the signal-to-noise ratio of the SRB assay...
- Effects of melatonin on proliferation of cancer cell linesK T Papazisis
Research Department, Theagenion Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Pineal Res 25:211-8. 1998..The different experimental procedures that were utilized in the present study can partially explain the divergence between our results and the literature...
- CDK-inhibitor olomoucine inhibits cell death after exposure of cell lines to cytosine-arabinosideK T Papazisis
Theagenion Cancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Cancer Lett 138:221-6. 1999..DNA-electrophoresis showed a clear inhibition of the apoptotic pattern when olomoucine was added to Ara-C. We conclude that CDK-inhibitor olomoucine inhibits cell death induced by Ara-C...
- Protein tyrosine kinase inhibitor, genistein, enhances apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in K562 cells treated with gamma-irradiationK T Papazisis
Theagenion Cancer Hospital, 54007, Thessaloniki, Greece
Cancer Lett 160:107-13. 2000..Taken together, our results show that genistein augments apoptotic cell death after gamma-irradiation in K562 cells and this result cannot be attributed to abrogation of the G2/M checkpoint...
- Oral Candida isolates in patients undergoing radiotherapy for head and neck cancer: prevalence, azole susceptibility profiles and response to antifungal treatmentM Belazi
Department of Oral Medicine and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of, Dentistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Oral Microbiol Immunol 19:347-51. 2004..On the basis of the low MIC values found, clinical evaluation of voriconazole is indicated for management of oral pseudomembranous candidiasis refractory to other azoles...