- Oncologists' protocol and coping strategies in dealing with patient loss
Department of Public Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Death Stud 37:937-52. 2013
..The authors conclude by offering implications from this research on how to address oncologists' grief over patient loss in institutional settings in order to improve bereavement care for families and enhance oncologists' quality of life...
- Difficult patient loss and physician culture for oncologists grieving patient loss
Department of Sociology of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Be er Sheva, Israel
J Palliat Med 15:1254-60. 2012
..While caring for critically ill and terminal patients can elicit grief symptoms in health care professionals, few studies have examined oncologists' grief over patient loss using a qualitative approach to inquiry...
- Resistance, agency, and liminality in women's accounts of symptom appraisal and help-seeking upon discovery of a breast irregularity
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Sociology of Health, Be er Sheva 84105, Israel
Soc Sci Med 75:1753-61. 2012
..We conclude that these constricting medical discourses effectively have a role to play in the contradictory reasoning or perceived irrationality of women's delay behavior when it occurs...
- Psychological factors impacting transition from paediatric to adult care by childhood cancer survivors
Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
J Cancer Surviv 6:260-9. 2012
..The purpose of this study was to identify the psychological factors involved in this transition to adult care long-term follow-up clinics...
- What do oncologists want? Suggestions from oncologists on how their institutions can support them in dealing with patient loss
Department of Psychology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Support Care Cancer 20:2627-32. 2012
..The purpose of the study was to explore what institutional support(s) oncologists want to help them cope with patient loss...
- Travelling on parallel tracks: patient and physician perspectives on why women delay seeking care for breast cancer symptoms
Department ofPsychology, Hospital for Sick Children Sick Kids, Toronto, Ontario
Can Oncol Nurs J 22:101-13. 2012
..Suggestions to promote earlier presentation include improving physician-patient communication and encouraging physician and health care professional neutrality in making attributions about women's delay...
- Grief as pathology: The evolution of grief theory in psychology from Freud to the present
Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hist Psychol 13:46-73. 2010
- Single-parent caregivers of children with cancer: factors assisting with caregiving strains
Zahava R S Rosenberg-Yunger
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 30:45-55. 2013
..We explored the supportive factors and resources that helped single parents of children with cancer throughout the caregiving process...
- Understanding the health impact of caregiving: a qualitative study of immigrant parents and single parents of children with cancer
Anne F Klassen
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, HSC 3N27, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, L8S 4J9, Canada
Qual Life Res 21:1595-605. 2012
..Our team builds on this literature to provide a more comprehensive understanding of the health impact of caregiving...
- Oncologists' strategies and barriers to effective communication about the end of life
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Be er Sheva, Israel Princess Margaret Hospital Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre University of Toronto, Toronto and Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
J Oncol Pract 9:e129-35. 2013
..The purpose of this analysis, part of a larger study examining oncologists' experiences of patient loss, was to explore oncologists' communication strategies and communication barriers when discussing end-of-life issues with patients...
- The symptom appraisal of breast cancer in the context of an intimate relationship
York University, Toronto, Canada
J Health Psychol 16:653-66. 2011
..Tenuous Knowing and Spiral of Disclosure defined two main processes that a woman negotiated within herself in relation to her partner upon discovery of a breast change...