- Advances in the therapy of gastroenteropancreatic-neuroendocrine tumours (GEP-NETs)
Medical Oncology Service, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 12:481-92. 2010
..In fact, mTOR inhibitors have shown activity in uncontrolled trials, and large, randomised trial results will be available shortly. In this article, we summarise the most recent available data on medical therapy for GEPNETs...
- Response by Choi criteria to sunitinib plus octreotide LAR in a functional heavily pretreated advanced pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor
Department of Medical Oncology, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 22:477-9. 2011
..To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of treatment with sunitinib in a patient with PNET in response to Choi criteria...
- Safety and effectiveness of vinflunine in patients with metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tract after failure of one platinum-based systemic therapy in clinical practice
Medical Oncology Department, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Ctra, de Colmenar Viejo km, 9, 100, 28034 Madrid, Spain
BMC Cancer 14:779. 2014
..Vinflunine is approved by the European Medicine Agency (EMA) but, up to now, limited experience has been reported outside clinical trials...
- Thyroid cancer: molecular aspects and new therapeutic strategies
Department of Medical Oncology, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Thyroid Res 2012:847108. 2012
..The correct molecular characterization of patients with thyroid cancer is thought to be a key aspect for the future clinical management of these patients...
- Vandetanib in advanced medullary thyroid cancer: review of adverse event management strategies
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Viejo Km 9 100, 28034, Madrid, Spain
Adv Ther 30:945-66. 2013
- New targeted approaches against the ubiquitin-proteasome system in gastrointestinal malignancies
Medical Oncology Department, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 12:457-67. 2012
..In this article we review the rationale for the use of novel ubiquitin-proteasome system inhibitors in gastrointestinal malignancies...
- Gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumor cancer stem cells: do they exist?
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Cancer Metastasis Rev 31:47-53. 2012
..New therapeutic approaches in the field of CSCs seem to have a clear role in the treatment of medulloblastomas and basal cell carcinomas, but their future value in other solid tumor types including NETs remains unclear...
- Targeting oncogenic ALK: a promising strategy for cancer treatment
Gastrointestinal and Early Drug Development Unit, Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Viejo Km 9 100, 28034, Madrid, Spain
Mol Cancer Ther 10:569-79. 2011
- Complete response to sunitinib in a patient with relapsed irresectable renal cell carcinoma
María Angeles Vaz
Department of Medical Oncology, RamÃ³n y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 22:817-21. 2011
..Otherwise after discontinuing sunitinib, the patient had a relapse on the same location; sunitinib has been resumed and was again found to be effective...
- Renal cell carcinoma: complete pathological response in a patient with gastric metastasis of renal cell carcinoma
Medical Oncology Service, University Hospital Complex, A Coruna, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 21:S13-5. 2010
..The whole-body CT did not reveal any other abnormality except for the known lung nodes. PET scan six months after treatment confirmed complete gastric response...
- The potential role of sunitinib in gastrointestinal cancers other than GIST
Medical Oncology Department, 12 de Octubre Universitary Hospital, Avda de Andalucía s n Km 5 400, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 76:36-43. 2010
- Sorafenib in metastatic thyroid cancer
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:209-16. 2012
..033). In this retrospective trial, sorafenib showed antitumor efficacy in all histological subtypes of thyroid cancer, warranting further development in this setting...
- Experience in the use of sunitinib given as a single agent in metastatic chemoresistant and castration-resistant prostate cancer patients
Medical Oncology Department, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Av Córdoba Km 5, 4, PO Box 28041, Madrid, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:2433-9. 2011
..Sunitinib has shown activity in CRPC and at the time of this analysis there was no standard therapy for docetaxel-refractory CRPC...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of sunitinib in patients with metastatic and/or unresectable gastrointestinal stroma tumours (GIST) after progression or intolerance with imatinib
Oncology Department, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 10:831-9. 2008
..The purpose of this study is to assess the cost-effectiveness of sunitinib vs. best supportive care (BSC) in GIST as a second- line treatment, from the perspective of the Spanish National Health System...