- Linear and nonlinear causality between signals: methods, examples and neurophysiological applications
Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l Image, INSERM U642, Universite de Rennes 1, Campus de Beaulieu, Bat 22, 35042, Rennes Cedex, France
Biol Cybern 95:349-69. 2006
..PNGC is extremely dependent on the choice of parameters. Moreover, LGC and PNGC may give misleading results in the case of causality on a spectral band, which is illustrated by our neurophysiological database...
- A nonparametric approach for detection of bursts in spike trains
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 160:349-58. 2007
..It presents an alternative to the PS method for non-Poisson spike trains and is simple to implement...
- A simple indicator of nonstationarity of firing rate in spike trains
Department of Physiology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 163:181-7. 2007
..This method is compared to the Mann-Kendall test of trend detection and the Runs test on simulated and real spike trains...
- Temporal envelope processing in the human auditory cortex: response and interconnections of auditory cortical areas
INSERM, U642, Rennes, F 35000, France
Hear Res 237:1-18. 2008
..These results suggest that different psychological information is carried by the temporal envelope of sounds relative to the rate of amplitude modulation...
- Spatial representation of neural responses to natural and altered conspecific vocalizations in cat auditory cortex
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, 2500 University Drive NW, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
J Neurophysiol 97:144-58. 2007
- Maximum decoding abilities of temporal patterns and synchronized firings: application to auditory neurons responding to click trains and amplitude modulated white noise
Department of Physiology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Comput Neurosci 29:253-77. 2010
..We also show that the combined use of firing rate and temporal codes leads to a better discrimination of the MF...
- Evaluating information transfer between auditory cortical neurons
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurophysiol 97:2533-43. 2007
..The normalized transfer entropy shows similarities and differences with the strength of cross-correlation; these form the basis for revisiting the neural assembly concept...
- Spectro-temporal sound density-dependent long-term adaptation in cat primary auditory cortex
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 27:3310-21. 2008
..Our findings suggest that low stimulus rates may produce a specific acoustic environment that shapes the primary auditory cortex through very different processing than for spectro-temporally more dense and complex sounds...
- Spectrotemporal receptive fields in anesthetized cat primary auditory cortex are context dependent
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cereb Cortex 19:1448-61. 2009
..We thus emphasize some aspects of context dependency of STRFs, that is, how the balance of inhibitory and excitatory inputs is able to shape the neural response from the spectral content of stimuli...