- Renal transplantation in HIV-infected patients: experience at a tertiary hospital in Spain and review of the literature
Urology Department, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Alcala University, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Transplant Proc 45:1255-9. 2013
..In Spain, HIV-infected patients present with different characteristics compared to American recipients; this could influence posttransplantation outcomes...
- Economic impact of the introduction of machine perfusion preservation in a kidney transplantation program in the expanded donor era: cost-effectiveness assessment
Urology Department, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Alcala University, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 44:2521-4. 2012
..Hypothermic machine perfusion (MP) might be superior to cold storage (CS) to reduce the relative risks of DGF and primary nonfunction (PNF) as well as to increase 1-year graft survival...
- Effects of urodilatin on renal graft blood flow during ischemia-reperfusion syndrome in a pig autotransplant model
Servicios de Nefrologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 34:56-7. 2002
- Modifications of renal blood flow and serum interleukin levels induced by laparoscopic and open living donor nephrectomies for kidney transplant: an experimental study in pigs
F J Burgos
Urology Department, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3676-8. 2005
..However, there was less increase in IL levels during laparoscopic than the open approach. The influence of these circumstances on graft function after kidney transplantation is not clearly established...
- Pancreas islet transplantation in the genitourinary tract associated with renal transplantation: an experimental study
F J Burgos
Urology Department, Hospital Ramon y Cajal Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2585-7. 2006
..The latter route may benefit from the immunoprivileged and special trophic conditions of the testis. For the first time, the feasibility of the bladder submucosa as an implantation site for pancreas islets was demonstrated...
- Development of urologic de novo malignancies after renal transplantation
Department of Urology, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Alcala University, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Transplant Proc 46:170-5. 2014
..The increasing age of donors and recipients also increases the risk of developing malignancies, including genitourinary. The aim of this study is to analyze clinical aspects and management of this complication...
- Self-expanding metallic ureteral stents for treatment of ureteral stenosis after kidney transplantation
F J Burgos
Department of Urology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3828-9. 2005
..Nitinol ureteral stent implantation is an effective alternative for the treatment of ureteral stenosis in patients with chronic graft dysfunction or high surgical risk...
- Influence of laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy in ischemia-reperfusion syndrome and renal function after kidney transplantation: an experimental study
F J Burgos
Department of Urology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 35:1664-5. 2003
..The decrease of creatinine was slower for the laparoscopic than for the open group during the first posttransplant week (2 vs 1.3 mg/dL on the first day and 1.4 vs 0.8 mg/dL on the seventh day posttransplant, respectively) (P<.05)...