Brian Kim Poh Goh
- Goh B, Yong W, Yeo A. Pancreatic and hepatic abscess secondary to fish bone perforation of the duodenum. Dig Dis Sci. 2005;50:1103-6 pubmed
- Goh B, Jeyaraj P, Chan H, Ong H, Agasthian T, Chang K, et al. A case of fish bone perforation of the stomach mimicking a locally advanced pancreatic carcinoma. Dig Dis Sci. 2004;49:1935-7 pubmed
- Goh B, Tan Y, Chung Y, Chow P, Cheow P, Wong W, et al. A review of mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas defined by ovarian-type stroma: clinicopathological features of 344 patients. World J Surg. 2006;30:2236-45 pubmed..MCNs should be defined by the presence of OS, as it is the most reliable way of distinguishing MCNs from IPMN. Adoption of "looser" criteria will result in misclassification of some IPMNs as MCNs. ..
- Goh B, Tan Y, Ong H, Chui C, Ooi L, Chow P, et al. Intra-abdominal and retroperitoneal lymphangiomas in pediatric and adult patients. World J Surg. 2005;29:837-40 pubmed..This series demonstrates that abdominal lymphangiomas have a male preponderance and present more acutely in pediatric patients, whereas in adults, female patients predominate and the history is more chronic. ..
- Goh B, Ng K, Hoe M. Traumatic epidural emphysema. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2004;29:E528-30 pubmed..Epidural emphysema secondary to traumatic pneumomediastinum is benign and self-limiting. However, the life-threatening causes should be considered and ruled out. ..
- Koh Y, Zheng H, Chok A, Tan C, Wyone W, Lim T, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis ofÂ the spectrum and outcomes of different histologic subtypes of noninvasive and invasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms. Surgery. 2015;157:496-509 pubmed publisher..00; 95% CI, 1.59-2.52). The prognosis of IPMN depends on its pathologic subtype. Subtype identification should be considered an essential component in future guidelines for the management of IPMN. ..
- Goh B, Lin Z, Tan D, Thng C, Khor C, Lim T, et al. Evaluation of the Fukuoka Consensus Guidelines for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: Results from a systematic review of 1,382 surgically resected patients. Surgery. 2015;158:1192-202 pubmed publisher..Stratification of IPMN into HR and WR groups resulted in a higher PPV in the HR group. Some malignant and even invasive IPMN may be missed by the FCG criteria. ..
- Srinivasan N, Teo J, Chin Y, Hennedige T, Tan D, Low A, et al. Systematic review of the clinical utility and validity of the Sendai and Fukuoka Consensus Guidelines for the management of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas. HPB (Oxford). 2018;20:497-504 pubmed publisher..However, the negative predictive value (NPV) of the FCG was slightly lower than that of the SCG. Malignant and even invasive IPMN may be missed according to both guidelines. ..
- Goh B, Chen C. Infected pseudoaneurysm of the femoral artery secondary to melioidosis infection of a previous femoropopliteal bypass graft. Ann Vasc Surg. 2005;19:90-3 pubmed
- Teo J, Allen J, Ng D, Choo S, Tai D, Chang J, et al. A systematic review of contralateral liver lobe hypertrophy after unilobar selective internal radiation therapy with Y90. HPB (Oxford). 2016;18:7-12 pubmed publisher..Unilobar Y90 SIRT results in significant hypertrophy of the contralateral liver lobe. The rate of hypertrophy seems to be slower than that achieved by other methods. ..
- Khoo C, Goh B, Eng A, Chan W, Teo M, Chung A, et al. Laparoscopic wedge resection for suspected large (?5 cm) gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Surg Endosc. 2017;31:2271-2279 pubmed publisher..It is associated with similar short-term outcomes with LWR for small tumors and favorable short-term outcomes over OWR for large tumors without compromising on oncological outcomes. ..
- Goh B, Teo J, Allen J, Tan D, Chan C, Lee S, et al. Preoperative platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio improves the performance of the international consensus guidelines in predicting malignant pancreatic cystic neoplasms. Pancreatology. 2016;16:888-92 pubmed publisher..829) vs AUC 0.822 (95% CI: 0.772-0.872) (p = 0.0032)]. High PLR is an independent predictor of malignancy in PCN. The addition of PLR as a criterion to the ICG improved the accuracy of these guidelines in detecting invasive neoplasms. ..
- Teo J, Allen J, Ng D, Abdul Latiff J, Choo S, Tai D, et al. Prospective study to determine early hypertrophy of the contra-lateral liver lobe after unilobar, Yttrium-90, selective internal radiation therapy in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Surgery. 2018;163:1008-1013 pubmed publisher..Selective internal radiation therapy cannot be recommended as a standard treatment modality to induce early hypertrophy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. (Surgery 2017;160:XXX-XXX.). ..
- Khoo C, Chai X, Quek R, Teo M, Goh B. Systematic review of current prognostication systems for primary gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2018;44:388-394 pubmed publisher..More validation and comparison studies are required to determine the optimal prognostication system for GIST. ..
- Goh B, Tan Y, Chung Y, Chow P, Ooi L, Wong W. Retroperitoneal schwannoma. Am J Surg. 2006;192:14-8 pubmed..Retroperitoneal schwannomas are rare, benign tumors. The aim of this study is to present our surgical experience with 7 such tumors...
- Goh B, Teo J, Lee S, Kam J, Cheow P, Jeyaraj P, et al. Critical appraisal of the impact of individual surgeon experience on the outcomes of laparoscopic liver resection in the modern era: collective experience of multiple surgeons at a single institution with 324 consecutive cases. Surg Endosc. 2018;32:1802-1811 pubmed publisher..LLR for lesions in the difficult posterosuperior segments and major hepatectomies especially in cirrhosis should only be attempted by surgeons who have acquired a minimum experience with 20 LLR. ..
- Goh B, Yeo A. Traumatic pneumorrhachis. J Trauma. 2005;58:875-9 pubmed..We also discuss the significance of this entity to the trauma specialist, paying special attention to the differences between air in the subarachnoid space versus air in the epidural space...
- Goh B, Tan Y, Yap W, Cheow P, Chow P, Chung Y, et al. Pancreatic serous oligocystic adenomas: clinicopathologic features and a comparison with serous microcystic adenomas and mucinous cystic neoplasms. World J Surg. 2006;30:1553-9 pubmed..We reviewed all SOAs managed at our institution to determine if any clinicopathologic features would prove useful for establishing a preoperative diagnosis...
- Sim D, Goh B, Lee S, Chan C, Tan I, Cheow P, et al. Preoperative Prognostic Factors After Liver Resection for Non-Colorectal, Non-Neuroendocrine Liver Metastases and Validation of the Adam Score in an Asian Population. World J Surg. 2018;42:1073-1084 pubmed publisher..The total Adam score was a good predictor of overall survival and can be used to risk stratify patients undergoing hepatic resection for NCNN liver metastases. ..
- Goh B, Chok A, Allen J, Quek R, Teo M, Chow P, et al. Blood neutrophil-to-lymphocyte and platelet-to-lymphocyte ratios are independent prognostic factors for surgically resected gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Surgery. 2016;159:1146-56 pubmed publisher..High NLR and PLR were independent prognostic factors of RFS in GIST. NLR and PLR would be useful as a preoperative prognostic tool and its incorporation into current prognostication systems improved their accuracy. ..