Affiliation: Turku University Hospital
Location: Turku, Finland
- Selvaggi G, Giordano S, Ishak L. Synmastia: prevention and correction. Ann Plast Surg. 2010;65:455-61 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the recent literature and personal experience, we propose some classifications and guidelines to prevent synmastia. ..
- De Vita D, Giordano S, Piccione E. Management of intraoperative haemorrhage in pelvic organ prolapse repair: a report of two cases. In Vivo. 2011;25:275-7 pubmed..This case study describes two cases of acute bleeding during complex repair prolapsed pelvic organs and different management approaches. ..
- De Vita D, Giordano S. Two successful natural pregnancies in a patient with severe uterine prolapse: A case report. J Med Case Rep. 2011;5:459 pubmed publisher..According to our experience, an elective caesarean section near term could be the safest mode of delivery. ..
- Kääriäinen M, Giordano S, Kauhanen S, Lääperi A, Mattila P, Helminen M, et al. The significance of latissimus dorsi flap innervation in delayed breast reconstruction: a prospective randomized study-magnetic resonance imaging and histologic findings. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;128:637e-45e pubmed publisher..Thus, in their practice, the authors do not cut the nerve to save surgical time. Therapeutic, II. ..
- Giordano S, Kääriäinen K, Alavaikko J, Kaistila T, Kuokkanen H. Latissimus dorsi free flap harvesting may affect the shoulder joint in long run. Scand J Surg. 2011;100:202-7 pubmed..However, the results should be interpreted with caution because of the small sample size, internal controls and retrospective nature of this study. ..
- Lorenzetti F, Giordano S, Tukiainen E. Intraoperative hemodynamic evaluation of the latissimus dorsi muscle flap: a prospective study. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2012;28:273-8 pubmed publisher..5 ± 3.4 to 4.0 ± 1.9 and to 4.5 ± 2.4, respectively, p <0.05). LD flap harvesting increases blood flow and decreases resistance in the thoracodorsal artery, especially after denervation. ..
- Giordano S, Koskivuo I, Suominen E, Veräjänkorva E. Tissue sealants may reduce haematoma and complications in face-lifts: A meta-analysis of comparative studies. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2017;70:297-306 pubmed publisher..The use of tissue sealants prevents post-operative haematomas and reduces wound drainage. Previous studies have shown a similar trend, but the power of this meta-analysis could verify this perception. III. ..