- Risk factors associated with trajectories of mothers' depressive symptoms across the early parenting period: an Australian population-based longitudinal study
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, 3002, Victoria, Australia
Arch Womens Ment Health 17:115-25. 2014
..This research identifies risk factors that may predispose mothers to enduring depressive symptoms, offering opportunities for early identification and targeted early intervention. ..
- The emotional and behavioural functioning of siblings of children with special health care needs across childhood
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia RMIT University, GPO Box 2476, Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia Electronic address
Res Dev Disabil 35:814-25. 2014
- Fatigue, wellbeing and parental self-efficacy in mothers of children with an autism spectrum disorder
Parenting Research Centre, East Melbourne, Australia
Autism 17:465-80. 2013
..The need for interventions to specifically target parental fatigue and its impact on families affected by ASDs both in the short and long term is clearly indicated. ..
- Father mental health during the early parenting period: results of an Australian population based longitudinal study
Parenting Research Centre, Level 5, 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, Vic, 3002, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:1907-16. 2012
..Secondary objectives were to compare fathers' mental health against normative data for the general male adult population, and to examine the course of mental health problems for fathers across the early childhood period...
- Psychosocial risk factors associated with fathers' mental health in the postnatal period: results from a population-based study
Parenting Research Centre, Level 5, 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:563-73. 2013
..This paper examines a broad range of socio-demographic, individual, infant and contextual factors to identify those associated with fathers' psychological distress in the first year postpartum...
- Postpartum maternal separation anxiety, overprotective parenting, and children's social-emotional well-being: longitudinal evidence from an Australian cohort
Amanda R Cooklin
Parenting Research Centre, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
J Fam Psychol 27:618-28. 2013
- Fatigue, stress and coping in mothers of children with an autism spectrum disorder
Faculty of Life and Social Science, Swinburne University of Technology, Mail H31, P O Box 218, Hawthorn, Vic, 3122, Australia
J Autism Dev Disord 43:1547-54. 2013
..The significance of fatigue on maternal wellbeing was highlighted as an important area for consideration in families of children with an ASD...
- Bidirectional associations between mothers' and fathers' parenting consistency and child BMI
Pauline W Jansen
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Flemington Rd, Parkville, Victoria 3053, Australia
Pediatrics 132:e1513-20. 2013
..Moreover, there has been little attention to the influences of both mothers' and fathers' parenting. We aimed to examine reciprocal relationships between maternal and paternal parenting consistency and child BMI...
- Wide Awake Parenting: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial of a parenting program for the management of post-partum fatigue
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:26. 2013
..This paper outlines the procedure for a randomised controlled study which aims to test the efficacy of Wide Awake Parenting, a program for the management of fatigue in the postnatal period...