- Successful treatment of lithium toxicity with sodium polystyrene sulfonate: a retrospective cohort study
Department of Nephrology, Verdun Hospital, Verdun, QC, Canada
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 48:34-41. 2010
..Sodium polystyrene sulfonate (SPS, Kayexalate), a cation exchanger, has been promising in animal models and human reports to reduce absorption and enhance elimination of Li...
- Blood purification in toxicology: nephrology's ugly duckling
Department of Nephrology, Verdun Hospital, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 18:160-6. 2011
..The EXtracorporeal TReatments In Poisoning workgroup, formed by several international experts in different medical fields and represented by over 20 societies, now has this mission...
- Enhanced poison elimination in critical care
University of Montreal, Verdun Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada H4G2A3
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 20:94-101. 2013
..This review illustrates the potential indications and limitations in the application of these modalities as well as the pharmacological characteristics of poisons amenable to enhanced elimination...
- Extracorporeal treatment for thallium poisoning: recommendations from the EXTRIP Workgroup
Nephrology, Verdun Hospital, 4000 Lasalle Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1682-90. 2012
..The EXtracorporeal TReatments In Poisoning (EXTRIP) workgroup was formed to provide recommendations on the use of extracorporeal treatment (ECTR) in poisoning. To test and validate its methods, the workgroup reviewed data for thallium (Tl)...
- Successful hemodialysis in a phenytoin overdose: case report and review of the literature
Division of Nephrology, Verdun Hospital, University of Montreal, Verdun, Quebec
Clin Nephrol 74:59-64. 2010
..We believe that in severe cases of phenytoin intoxication, hemodialysis can be used to accelerate total body burden of the drug, even if protein binding is significant...
- The EXTRIP (EXtracorporeal TReatments In Poisoning) workgroup: guideline methodology
Department of Medical Biology, Sacre Coeur Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 50:403-13. 2012
..Each statement was voted on a Likert scale (1-9) to establish the strength of recommendation. This approach will permit the production of the first important practice guidelines on this topic...
- Risk factors and consequences of hyperaluminemia in a peritoneal dialysis cohort
Department of Medical Biology, Sacre Coeur Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Perit Dial Int 32:645-51. 2012
..Our objectives were to evaluate risk factors related to Al accumulation and to assess its clinical consequences in patients from 2 centers...
- Treatment of prosthetic joint infections: validation of a surgical algorithm and proposal of a simplified alternative
Departement de Microbiologie et Immunologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Arthroplasty 28:395-400. 2013
..Our simplified algorithm, based on these 2 criteria, showed comparable performance to the DPP algorithm but increased eligibility for DR by a 2.4 fold...
- Lymphopenia as a novel marker of Clostridium difficile infection recurrence
Departement de Microbiologie médicale et infectiologie, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, 5400, boulevard Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H4J 1C5, Canada
J Infect 66:129-35. 2013
..Treatment of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) is often limited by recurrence in 25% of cases. The objective of this study was to determine risk factors of CDI recurrence during a provincial endemic...
- Aluminum toxicokinetics in peritoneal dialysis patients
Corinne Seng Yue
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 49:659-63. 2011
..A national contamination of dialysate solutions with Al provided the opportunity to study Al TK in peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients and to better understand the influence of covariates on its disposition...
- Treatment of chronic pulmonary blastomycosis with caspofungin
University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Med Microbiol 60:1875-8. 2011
..Echinocandins are not recommended because of poor in vitro activity against Blastomyces dermatitidis and lack of supporting clinical data. We report a case of chronic pulmonary blastomycosis treated successfully with caspofungin...