- Women participating in a web-based preconception study have a high prevalence of risk factors for adverse pregnancy outcomes
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Epidemiology Unit, Piazza S, Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:169. 2014
..We measured the prevalence of preconception risk factors for APOs in a population of Italian women of childbearing age enrolled in a web-based study...
- A cohort study of a tailored web intervention for preconception care
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Epidemiology Unit, Piazza S, Onofrio 4, Rome 00165, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 14:33. 2014
..We conducted a web-based cohort study in Italian women planning a pregnancy to assess whether a tailored web intervention may change knowledge and behaviours associated with risks for adverse pregnancy outcomes...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization in a department of pediatrics: a cross-sectional study
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:3. 2014
..We describe methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) nasal carriage at admission in patients admitted to a Department of Pediatrics...
- MRSA nasal colonization in children: prevalence meta-analysis, review of risk factors and molecular genetics
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:479-85. 2013
..We report a meta-analysis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) nasal colonization prevalence in children and a review of the risk factors as well as molecular genetic characterization...
- An infectious disease model on empirical networks of human contact: bridging the gap between dynamic network data and contact matrices
CNRS UMR 7332, CPT, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille 13288, France
BMC Infect Dis 13:185. 2013
..Hence, given a specific disease model, it is crucial to assess which representations of the raw data work best to inform the model, striking a balance between simplicity and detail...
- Surfing the web during pandemic flu: availability of World Health Organization recommendations on prevention
Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
BMC Public Health 10:561. 2010
..People often search for information on influenza A(H1N1)v prevention on the web. The extent to which information found on the Internet is consistent with recommendations issued by the World Health Organization is unknown...
- The effect of physician's recommendation on seasonal influenza immunization in children with chronic diseases
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Piazza S, Onofrio 4, Rome 00165, Italy
BMC Public Health 12:984. 2012
- Influenza-like illness surveillance on Twitter through automated learning of naïve language
Multifactorial Diseases and Complex Phenotypes Research Area, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e82489. 2013
..We found a high correlation coefficient between the trend of our influenza-positive tweets and ILI trends identified by US traditional surveillance systems. ..
- Seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccine: recommendations to families of at-risk children during the 2009-10 season
Department of Paediatrics, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur J Public Health 22:821-4. 2012
..6% had not been vaccinated. The majority of immunized children had received specific recommendations by a physician. Physicians involved in the management of children with chronic diseases should actively recommend influenza immunization...
- Does googling for preconception care result in information consistent with international guidelines: a comparison of information found by Italian women of childbearing age and health professionals
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Epidemiology, Unit Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165, Rome, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:14. 2013
- Use of the internet by Italian pediatricians: habits, impact on clinical practice and expectations
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Piazza Sant Onofrio 4, Rome, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:23. 2012
..We administered a questionnaire to members of the Italian Society of Pediatrics to assess determinants of their use of the Internet, of social platforms and of personal health records during clinical practice...
- Preserved antibody levels and loss of memory B cells against pneumococcus and tetanus after splenectomy: tailoring better vaccination strategies
M Manuela Rosado
Immunology Area, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur J Immunol 43:2659-70. 2013
- Effect of duration of breastfeeding on neuropsychological development at 10 to 12 years of age in a cohort of healthy children
Alberto Eugenio Tozzi
Epidemiology Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Dev Med Child Neurol 54:843-8. 2012
..The aim of this article was to explore the effect of duration of breastfeeding on neurocognitive development...
- Switched memory B cells maintain specific memory independently of serum antibodies: the hepatitis B example
M Manuela Rosado
Research Center Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù, IRCSS, Laboratory of Flow Cytometry and B Cell Development, Rome, Italy
Eur J Immunol 41:1800-8. 2011
..01) and serum Abs (geometric mean concentration, GMC from 2.9 to 284 mIU/mL), demonstrating that circulating memory B cells effectively respond to Ag challenge even when specific Abs fall under the protective threshold...