Anette G Ziegler
- Seroconversion to multiple islet autoantibodies and risk of progression to diabetes in childrenAnette G Ziegler
Institute of Diabetes Research, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, and Forschergruppe Diabetes, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ingolstaedter Landstraße 1, Neuherberg, Germany 85764
JAMA 309:2473-9. 2013..Type 1 diabetes usually has a preclinical phase identified by circulating islet autoantibodies, but the rate of progression to diabetes after seroconversion to islet autoantibodies is uncertain...
- Long-term protective effect of lactation on the development of type 2 diabetes in women with recent gestational diabetes mellitusAnette G Ziegler
Institute of Diabetes Research, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, and Forschergruppe Diabetes, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Diabetes 61:3167-71. 2012..On the basis of these results, we recommend that breastfeeding should be encouraged among these women because it offers a safe and feasible low-cost intervention to reduce the risk of subsequent diabetes in this high-risk population...
- Age-related islet autoantibody incidence in offspring of patients with type 1 diabetesA G Ziegler
Institute of Diabetes Research, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Diabetologia 55:1937-43. 2012..Seroconversion to islet autoantibodies precedes type 1 diabetes. This study aimed to identify periods of high seroconversion incidence, which could be targeted for mechanistic and therapeutic studies...
- Cesarean section and interferon-induced helicase gene polymorphisms combine to increase childhood type 1 diabetes riskEzio Bonifacio
Center for Regenerative Therapies, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Diabetes 60:3300-6. 2011..We examine associations between cesarean delivery, islet autoimmunity and type 1 diabetes, and genes involved in type 1 diabetes susceptibility...
- Age- and islet autoimmunity-associated differences in amino acid and lipid metabolites in children at risk for type 1 diabetesMaren Pflueger
Forschergruppe Diabetes eV at Helmholtz Center Munich, Neuherberg, Germany
Diabetes 60:2740-7. 2011..To support this notion, we examined whether serum metabolite profiles differ between children with respect to islet autoantibody status and the age of islet autoantibody development...
- Accelerated progression from islet autoimmunity to diabetes is causing the escalating incidence of type 1 diabetes in young childrenAnette G Ziegler
Institute of Diabetes Research, Helmholtz Center Munich, Neuherberg, Germany
J Autoimmun 37:3-7. 2011..01). The findings suggest that recent increasing incidence of type 1 diabetes in young children could be due to weakening of mechanisms that normally regulate autoimmune destruction of islet beta cells...
- IA-2 autoantibody affinity in children at risk for type 1 diabetesStephanie Krause
Institute of Diabetes Research, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, and Forschergruppe Diabetes, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Clin Immunol 145:224-9. 2012..IA-2A affinity did not stratify diabetes risk. In conclusion, the IA-2A response in children is intense with rapid maturation against immunogenic epitopes and a strong association with diabetes development...
- Early determinants of type 1 diabetes: experience from the BABYDIAB and BABYDIET studiesSandra Hummel
Forschergruppe Diabetes der TU München, Munich, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1821S-1823S. 2011....
- Primary dietary intervention study to reduce the risk of islet autoimmunity in children at increased risk for type 1 diabetes: the BABYDIET studySandra Hummel
Institute for Diabetes Research, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Munich, Germany
Diabetes Care 34:1301-5. 2011..To determine whether delaying the introduction of gluten in infants with a genetic risk of islet autoimmunity is feasible, safe, and may reduce the risk of type 1 diabetes-associated islet autoimmunity...
- A simplified method to assess affinity of insulin autoantibodiesPeter Achenbach
Institut fuer Diabetesforschung, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, Ingolstaedter Landstr 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Clin Immunol 137:415-21. 2010..0 nM competitor including 89 (94%) of 95 sera with multiple islet autoantibodies (P<0.0001). Thus, increased IAA specificity can be achieved with simple modification to existing assays...