Genomes and Genes
- Nomenclature of monocytes and dendritic cells in bloodLoems Ziegler-Heitbrock
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Gauting, Germany
Blood 116:e74-80. 2010..This classification has been approved by the Nomenclature Committee of the International Union of Immunological Societies, and we are convinced that it will facilitate communication among experts and in the wider scientific community...
- Monocyte subsets in man and other speciesLoems Ziegler-Heitbrock
EvA Study Center, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen and Asklepios Fachkliniken, 82131 Gauting, Germany Electronic address
Cell Immunol 289:135-9. 2014..The data show that the subsets are homologous between the species but there are important differences in subset-specific gene expression such that findings in a given species cannot be directly translated to man. ..
- Toward a refined definition of monocyte subsetsLoems Ziegler-Heitbrock
Comprehensive Pneumology Center EvA Study Center, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen German Research Center for Environmental Health Gauting, Germany
Front Immunol 4:23. 2013..While these cells appear to be in transition from classical to non-classical monocytes and hence may not form a distinct cell population in a strict sense, their separate analysis and enumeration is warranted in health and disease...
- The EvA study: aims and strategyLoems Ziegler-Heitbrock
EvA Study Center, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen and Asklepios Klinik, Gauting, Germany
Eur Respir J 40:823-9. 2012....
- Standardized single-platform assay for human monocyte subpopulations: Lower CD14+CD16++ monocytes in femalesIrene Heimbeck
KKG Inflammatory Lung Diseases, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen and Asklepios Hospital, Muenchen Gauting and Comprehensive Pneumology Center, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Germany
Cytometry A 77:823-30. 2010..Also, we show that therapy with low doses of glucocorticoids will deplete these cells. This robust single-platform assay may be a useful tool for monitoring the absolute number of monocyte subpopulations in health and disease...
- Transcript profiling of CD16-positive monocytes reveals a unique molecular fingerprintMarion Frankenberger
Comprehensive Pneumology Center, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Ludwig Maximilians University and Asklepios Fachklinik Gauting, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunol 42:957-74. 2012..Furthermore, CD16-positive MDMs showed a higher phagocytosis for opsonized Escherichia coli. The data demonstrate that CD16-positive monocytes form a distinct type of cell, which gives rise to a distinct macrophage phenotype...
- Chemokine expression by small sputum macrophages in COPDMarion Frankenberger
Clinical Cooperation Group Inflammatory Lung Diseases, Asklepios Fachkliniken München Gauting and Helmholtz Center Munich, Gauting, Germany
Mol Med 17:762-70. 2011..These data demonstrate that sputum macrophages in COPD show induction of a specific set of CCL chemokines, which is distinct from what can be induced by LPS...
- Monitoring of glucocorticoid therapy by assessment of CD14(+)CD16(+) monocytes: a case reportAndreas Fertl
Asklepios Fachkliniken Munchen Gauting, Gauting, Germany
Immunobiology 213:909-16. 2008..We conclude that determination of CD14(+)CD16(+) monocytes is a useful marker for monitoring of BOOP diagnosis and GC therapy...
- Ultrafine carbon particles down-regulate CYP1B1 expression in human monocytesChristiane Eder
Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Clinical Cooperation Group Inflammatory Lung Diseases, Institute of Lung Biology and Disease and Asklepios Fachkliniken Muenchen Gauting, Robert Koch Allee 29, 82131 Gauting, Germany
Part Fibre Toxicol 6:27. 2009..abstract:..
- Tolerance induced via TLR2 and TLR4 in human dendritic cells: role of IRAK-1Valerie Albrecht
Helmholtz Center München, German Research Center for Environmental Health and Asklepios Fachkliniken Gauting, Inflammatory Lung Diseases, 82131 Gauting, Germany
BMC Immunol 9:69. 2008..We have analysed tolerance induced in human in-vitro generated DCs by repeated stimulation with ligands for TLR4 and TLR2...