Florian Daniel Zepf
- Dietary tryptophan depletion according to body weight - a new treatment option in acute mania?Florian Daniel Zepf
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Goethe University of Frankfurt Main, Deutschordenstr 50 Building 92, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Med Hypotheses 72:47-8. 2009..However, ethical issues may limit such studies investigating this relationship in acutely manic patients, in particular in view of informed consent...
- Diminished central nervous 5-HT neurotransmission and mood self-ratings in children and adolescents with ADHD: no clear effect of rapid tryptophan depletionFlorian Daniel Zepf
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, JW Goethe University of Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:87-94. 2009..The present study investigated the effects of RTD induced lowered central nervous 5-HT-levels on mood self-ratings in children with ADHD...
- Reduced serotonergic functioning changes heart rate in ADHDFlorian Daniel Zepf
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Goethe University of Frankfurt am Main, Deutschordenstr, Frankfurt, Germany
J Neural Transm 116:105-8. 2009..Mean HR was assessed under RTD/placebo. Low impulsive patients behaving aggressively under RTD showed a lowered HR under RTD versus placebo. Diminished 5-HT functioning was associated with lowered HR and aggressive behaviour...
- Serotonin-induced decrease of intracellular Ca(2+) release in platelets of bulimic patients normalizes during treatmentLars Wöckel
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Neuenhofer Weg 21, 52074, Aachen, Germany
J Neural Transm 116:89-95. 2009..Antidepressive medication caused a significant improvement. The data provide further evidence that altered 5-HT(2) receptor functioning is involved in the pathophysiological underpinnings in BN...
- Serotonergic functioning and trait-impulsivity in attention-deficit/hyperactivity-disordered boys (ADHD): influence of rapid tryptophan depletionFlorian Daniel Zepf
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, J W Goethe University of Frankfurt a M, Germany
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:43-51. 2008....