- Parametric perfusion imaging with contrast-enhanced ultrasound in acute ischemic strokeMartin Wiesmann
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Stroke 35:508-13. 2004..PHI yields additional information on the perfusion state of the human brain compared with extracranial and transcranial color-coded duplex sonography...
- Detection of hyperacute subarachnoid hemorrhage of the brain by using magnetic resonance imagingMartin Wiesmann
Department of Radiology, Medical University, Luebeck, Germany
J Neurosurg 96:684-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine the diagnostic accuracy of high-field (1.5-tesla) magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in the assessment of hyperacute (< 12 hours after onset of symptoms) subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)...
- [Perfusion imaging of the kidney using contrast-enhanced phase-inversion ultrasound]Beate M Stoeckelhuber
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck
Rontgenpraxis 55:167-74. 2004..We evaluated different techniques of contrast-enhanced phase-inversion ultrasound to visualize renal perfusion...
- Case reports: a rare cause of radicular complaints: ligamentum flavum hematomaSebastian Spuck
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 443:337-41. 2006..Surgical resection of the ligamentum flavum, including the hematoma, provided adequate treatment in these patients...
- Primary endovascular stent placement for focal infrarenal aortic stenosis: initial and midterm resultsBeate Maria Stoeckelhuber
Department of Radiology, Universitätsklinikum der Medizinischen Universität zu Lübeck, Lubeck, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:1443-7. 2003..Primary clinical and hemodynamic patency rates were 100% on follow-up examinations. Stent placement after balloon pre-dilation in properly selected patients with isolated infrarenal aortic stenosis is a promising durable treatment...
- Perfusion harmonic imaging in acute middle cerebral artery infarctionGunter Seidel
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 29:1245-51. 2003..01). With PHI and UCA bolus injection, it is possible to assess cerebral perfusion deficits that correlate with the definite area of infarction in acute ischemic stroke patients...
- Harmonic imaging in acute stroke: detection of a cerebral perfusion deficit with ultrasound and perfusion MRIKarsten Meyer
Department of Neurology, , Ratzeburger Allee 160, , Germany
J Neuroimaging 13:166-8. 2003..In a patient with acute middle cerebral artery infarction, this method detected a cerebral perfusion deficit corresponding to the area of delayed perfusion as displayed by perfusion magnetic resonance imaging...
- Test-retest reliability of the olfactory detection threshold test of the Sniffin' sticksJessica Albrecht
Department of Neuroradiology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Chem Senses 33:461-7. 2008..It is concluded that the olfactory detection threshold test of the Sniffin' Sticks is suitable for repeated testing during experimental or clinical studies...
- Staged escalation therapy in acute basilar artery occlusion: intravenous thrombolysis and on-demand consecutive endovascular mechanical thrombectomy: preliminary experience in 16 patientsThomas Pfefferkorn
Klinikum Grosshadern, Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Stroke 39:1496-500. 2008..The combination of IVT with consecutive on-demand EMT may allow for early treatment initiation with high recanalization rates but has never been systematically tested in patients with BAO...
- Cranial MRI of small rodents using a clinical MR scannerJennifer Linn
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Munich, Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Methods 43:2-11. 2007..5 T scanner and clinically available radio frequency coils to keep material costs low and to circumvent the development of custom-made coils...
- Nicotine-induced nystagmus correlates with midpontine activationAngela Deutschlander
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Neuroimage 41:479-82. 2008....
- Functional MRI of galvanic vestibular stimulation with alternating currents at different frequenciesThomas Stephan
Department of Neurology, Center for Sensorimotor Research, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 23, 81377 Munich, Germany
Neuroimage 26:721-32. 2005..These regions represent areas involved in the processing of vestibular information for head and body orientation in space...
- Imaging the visual autokinetic illusion with fMRIEva Riedel
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Neuroimage 27:163-6. 2005..This second half of the period was associated with bilateral activations in the motion-sensitive middle occipito-temporal area known as MT/V5. Our finding suggests that area MT/V5 is involved in the mediation of autokinesis...
- Brain activation patterns during imagined stance and locomotion in functional magnetic resonance imagingKlaus Jahn
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich 81377, Germany
Neuroimage 22:1722-31. 2004..Postural control during standing involves a low intensity cerebellar activity and sensorimotor control via the thalamus and basal ganglia...
- Eyes open and eyes closed as rest conditions: impact on brain activation patternsEsther Marx
Center for Sensorimotor Research, Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Neuroimage 21:1818-24. 2004..Activity of the ocular motor system as well as deactivation of sensory cortical areas may go undetected with eyes open as rest condition...
- The Penumbra System: a mechanical device for the treatment of acute stroke due to thromboembolismA Bose
Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1409-13. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the safety and performance of the Penumbra System (PS): a novel mechanical device designed to reduce clot burden in acute stroke due to large-vessel occlusive disease...