- Wierstra I. The transcription factor FOXM1 (Forkhead box M1): proliferation-specific expression, transcription factor function, target genes, mouse models, and normal biological roles. Adv Cancer Res. 2013;118:97-398 pubmed publisher..The functions of FOXM1 in prevention of polyploidy and aneuploidy and in homologous recombination repair of DNA-double-strand breaks suggest an importance of FOXM1 for the maintenance of genomic stability and chromosomal integrity. ..
- Wierstra I, Alves J. Transcription factor FOXM1c is repressed by RB and activated by cyclin D1/Cdk4. Biol Chem. 2006;387:949-62 pubmed..e., just at the time point at which the transcriptional activity of FOXM1 is required for stimulation of the G1/S-transition. ..
- Wierstra I, Alves J. Despite its strong transactivation domain, transcription factor FOXM1c is kept almost inactive by two different inhibitory domains. Biol Chem. 2006;387:963-76 pubmed....
- Wierstra I, Alves J. FOXM1c and Sp1 transactivate the P1 and P2 promoters of human c-myc synergistically. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:61-8 pubmed..However, FOXM1c does not synergize with Sp1 if it transactivates via its conventional binding site. ..
- Wierstra I, Alves J. FOXM1, a typical proliferation-associated transcription factor. Biol Chem. 2007;388:1257-74 pubmed....
- Wierstra I. FOXM1 (Forkhead box M1) in tumorigenesis: overexpression in human cancer, implication in tumorigenesis, oncogenic functions, tumor-suppressive properties, and target of anticancer therapy. Adv Cancer Res. 2013;119:191-419 pubmed publisher..The implication of FOXM1 in tumorigenesis makes it an attractive target for anticancer therapy, and several antitumor drugs have been reported to decrease FOXM1 expression. ..