- Melanoma patients with unknown primary site or nodal recurrence after initial diagnosis have a favourable survival compared to those with synchronous lymph node metastasis and primary tumourBenjamin Weide
Center for Dermatooncology, Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e66953. 2013....
- Prognostic factors of melanoma patients with satellite or in-transit metastasis at the time of stage III diagnosisBenjamin Weide
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e63137. 2013....
- Serum markers lactate dehydrogenase and S100B predict independently disease outcome in melanoma patients with distant metastasisB Weide
Department of Dermatology, Center for Dermatooncology, University Medical Center, Liebermeisterstrasse 25, Tubingen 72076, Germany
Br J Cancer 107:422-8. 2012..Established prognostic factors are of limited value to predict long-term survival and benefit from metastasectomy in advanced melanoma. This study aimed to identify prognostic factors in patients with distant metastasis...
- Functional T cells targeting NY-ESO-1 or Melan-A are predictive for survival of patients with distant melanoma metastasisBenjamin Weide
University Medical Center, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 30:1835-41. 2012..To analyze the prognostic relevance of circulating T cells responding to NY-ESO-1, Melan-A, MAGE-3, and survivin in patients with melanoma with distant metastasis...
- Direct injection of protamine-protected mRNA: results of a phase 1/2 vaccination trial in metastatic melanoma patientsBenjamin Weide
Department of Dermatology, Division of Dermatooncology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Immunother 32:498-507. 2009....
- High response rate after intratumoral treatment with interleukin-2: results from a phase 2 study in 51 patients with metastasized melanomaBenjamin Weide
Department of Dermatology, Center of Dermato Oncology, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Cancer 116:4139-46. 2010..The objectives of the current study were to confirm those results in a larger cohort and to identify patient or regimen characteristics associated with response...
- Survival after intratumoral interleukin-2 treatment of 72 melanoma patients and response upon the first chemotherapy during follow-upBenjamin Weide
Department of Dermatology, Center of Dermatooncology, University of Tubingen, Liebermeisterstr 25, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:487-93. 2011..Furthermore, the intratumoral IL-2 treatment seemed to be associated with increased complete and partial responses in subsequent chemotherapies...
- Plasmid DNA- and messenger RNA-based anti-cancer vaccinationBenjamin Weide
Department of Dermatology, University of Tubingen, Liebermeisterstrasse 25, Tubingen, Germany
Immunol Lett 115:33-42. 2008..Combining optimized MNAV formulations and parallel adjuvant treatments could allow to turn MNAV-based vaccines into efficient anti-tumor immunotherapies in humans...
- Results of the first phase I/II clinical vaccination trial with direct injection of mRNABenjamin Weide
Department of Dermatology, Institute for Cell Biology, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Immunother 31:180-8. 2008..However, a demonstration of clinical effectiveness of direct injection of copy mRNA for antitumor immunotherapy was not shown in this study and must be evaluated in subsequent trials...
- Excision guidelines and follow-up strategies in cutaneous melanoma: Facts and controversiesUlrike Leiter
Center of Dermato Oncology, Department of Dermatology, University of Tuebingen, Liebermeisterstr 25, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Clin Dermatol 28:311-5. 2010..Whereas the treatment for primary melanoma is accepted world wide, follow-up strategies for melanoma patients are discussed controversially, and so far, no international consensus has been reached...
- Melanoma staging: facts and controversiesAndrea Forschner
Center for Dermato Oncology, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Clin Dermatol 28:275-80. 2010..The risk of recurrence or tumor progression is very high in stage IV patients, and their management is individualized...
- Incisional biopsy and melanoma prognosis: Facts and controversiesAnnette Pflugfelder
Center for Dermatooncology, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Tubingen, Liebermeisterstr 25, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Clin Dermatol 28:316-8. 2010..Incisional biopsies of malignant melanoma do not negatively influence prognosis. Complete excision of primary melanoma is still the recommended standard of care and is a precondition for accurate histopathologic diagnosis...
- Effectiveness of carboplatin and paclitaxel as first- and second-line treatment in 61 patients with metastatic melanomaAnnette Pflugfelder
Department of Dermatology, Center for Dermatooncology, University Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e16882. 2011..Based on previous promising experiences within a clinical trial involving carboplatin and paclitaxel a series of advanced metastatic melanoma patients were treated with this combination...
- Prognosis of sentinel node staged patients with primary cutaneous melanomaOtmar Elsaesser
Center for Dermatooncology, Department of Dermatology, and Central Malignant Melanoma Registry of the German Dermatological Society, Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e29791. 2012....
- A dose-escalation and signal-generating study of the immunocytokine L19-IL2 in combination with dacarbazine for the therapy of patients with metastatic melanomaThomas K Eigentler
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center, Tubingen, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 17:7732-42. 2011..5 million international units (Mio IU) IL2 equivalents. In this study, safety and clinical activity of L19-IL2 in combination with dacarbazine were assessed in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Melanoma of unknown primary is correctly classified by the AJCC melanoma classification from 2009Anne F Pfeil
Center of Dermato Oncology, Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany
Melanoma Res 21:228-34. 2011..Patients with MUP can be classified according to AJCC, which presented as the strongest prognostic factor. From a management perspective it is important to notice that the majority of MUP were classified as stage III...
- Imiquimod in the treatment of extensive recurrent lentigo malignaAnne Kamin
Department of Dermatology, Skin Cancer Program, Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:51-2. 2005..Clinically and histologically, a complete clearing of the lesion was observed after treatment. Topical treatment with imiquimod seems to be effective and safe in lentigo maligna...
- Hsps are up-regulated in melanoma tissue and correlate with patient clinical parametersChristopher Shipp
Tubingen Ageing and Tumour Immunology Group, Section for Transplantation Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine II, Centre for Medical Research, University of Tubingen, Waldhornlestr 22, 72072 Tubingen, Germany
Cell Stress Chaperones 18:145-54. 2013..This study provides further evidence for the importance of hsps in melanoma and for their use as therapeutic targets and biomarkers, but larger-scale follow-up studies are required to confirm these results...
- Early disseminated borreliosis with multiple erythema migrans and elevated liver enzymes: case report and literature reviewFrauke Benedix
Department of Dermatology, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen
Acta Derm Venereol 87:418-21. 2007..Dermatologists should keep in mind that early disseminated borreliosis can present with multiple erythema migrans and hepatitis...
- No evidence of viral genomes in whole-transcriptome sequencing of three melanoma metastasesMagdalena Feldhahn
Center for Bioinformatics, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany Division of Dermatooncology, Department of Dermatology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany Medical Genetics, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Exp Dermatol 20:766-8. 2011..This renders it less likely that viruses are frequently involved in melanoma induction. A larger number of melanoma transcriptome sequencings are required to rule out viruses as a relevant pathogen...
- Vemurafenib reverses immunosuppression by myeloid derived suppressor cellsBastian Schilling
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Int J Cancer 133:1653-63. 2013..In vitro as well as in vivo, Vemurafenib inhibits the generation of human moMDSCs. Thus, Vemurafenib decreases immunosuppression in patients with advanced melanoma, indicating its potential as part of future immunotherapies. ..