- Cross-study analysis of gene expression data for intermediate neuroblastoma identifies two biological subtypesPatrick Warnat
Department of Theoretical Bioinformatics B080, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 7:89. 2007..Additional research effort is needed to describe the patterns of gene expression in this cohort and to identify reliable prognostic markers for this subset of patients...
- Gene expression signature predicting pathologic complete response with gemcitabine, epirubicin, and docetaxel in primary breast cancerOlaf Thuerigen
Division of Molecular Genetics, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:1839-45. 2006..This study was aimed at the identification of a gene expression signature in diagnostic core biopsy tissue samples that predicts pCR...
- Cross-platform analysis of cancer microarray data improves gene expression based classification of phenotypesPatrick Warnat
Department of Theoretical Bioinformatics, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 6:265. 2005..Although similar questions for the same type of cancer are addressed in these different studies, a comparative analysis of their results is hampered by the use of heterogeneous microarray platforms and analysis methods...
- Prediction of clinical outcome and biological characterization of neuroblastoma by expression profilingAlexander Schramm
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University Hospital of Essen, Hufelandstr 55, Essen 45122, Germany
Oncogene 24:7902-12. 2005..Our data suggest that microarray-derived data in addition to traditional clinical factors will be useful for risk assessment and defining biological properties of neuroblastoma...
- Differential expression of neuronal genes defines subtypes of disseminated neuroblastoma with favorable and unfavorable outcomeMatthias Fischer
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology and Center of Molecular Medicine Cologne, University Children s Hospital, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:5118-28. 2006..Identification of molecular characteristics of spontaneously regressing stage IVS and progressing stage IV neuroblastoma to improve discrimination of patients with metastatic disease following favorable and unfavorable clinical courses...
- Customized oligonucleotide microarray gene expression-based classification of neuroblastoma patients outperforms current clinical risk stratificationAndre Oberthuer
Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:5070-8. 2006..To develop a gene expression-based classifier for neuroblastoma patients that reliably predicts courses of the disease...
- Classification of neuroblastoma patients by published gene-expression markers reveals a low sensitivity for unfavorable courses of MYCN non-amplified diseaseAndre Oberthuer
Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology and Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne CMMC, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
Cancer Lett 250:250-67. 2007..5%. However, patients with unfavorable outcome of MYCN non-amplified disease were largely misclassified (accuracy: 35%), suggesting that these courses are not identified by current marker genes...
- Automatic identification of subcellular phenotypes on human cell arraysChristian Conrad
Intelligent Bioinformatics Systems, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Genome Res 14:1130-6. 2004..Our classification method can be adapted to virtually any microscopic assay based on cell morphology, opening a wide range of applications including large-scale RNAi screening in human cells...