- Therapeutic platelet transfusion versus routine prophylactic transfusion in patients with haematological malignancies: an open-label, multicentre, randomised studyHannes Wandt
Medical Clinic 5, Haematology and Oncology, Klinikum Nuremberg, Nuremberg, Germany
Lancet 380:1309-16. 2012..We assessed the effect of a new strategy of therapeutic platelet transfusion on the number of transfusions and safety in patients with hypoproliferative thrombocytopenia...
- MLD according to the WHO classification in AML has no correlation with age and no independent prognostic relevance as analyzed in 1766 patientsHannes Wandt
Klinikum Nürnberg, Medizinische Klinik 5, Hämatologie Onkologie, Nurnberg, Germany
Blood 111:1855-61. 2008..Our data support a reassessment of the WHO classification in the light of a more biologic understanding of AML. This study is registered at www.ClinicalTrials.gov as #NCT00180115...
- New strategies for prophylactic platelet transfusion in patients with hematologic diseasesH Wandt
5th Medical Department and Institute of Medical Oncology and Hamatology, Nuremberg, Germany
Oncologist 6:446-50. 2001....
- A therapeutic platelet transfusion strategy is safe and feasible in patients after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationH Wandt
BMT Unit, Hematology Oncology, Klinikum Nurnberg Nord, Nurnberg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:387-92. 2006..This therapeutic platelet transfusion strategy can be performed safely resulting in a considerable reduction in prophylactic platelet transfusions...
- Testing G-CSF responsiveness predicts the individual susceptibility to infection and consecutive treatment in recipients of high-dose chemotherapyChristian Straka
Schön Klinik Starnberger See, Berg, Germany, and Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt der Universität München, Munich, Germany
Blood 117:2121-8. 2011..0001). G-CSF responsiveness appears as a signature of the myeloid marrow reserve predicting defense against neutropenic infection after intensive chemotherapy. This study is registered at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01085058...
- Allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukaemia in the era of imatinib: a retrospective multicentre studyMartin Bornhauser
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Haematol 76:9-17. 2006....
- Immunochemotherapy with rituximab and cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone significantly improves response and time to treatment failure, but not long-term outcome in patients with previously untreated mantle cell lymphoma: results oGeorg Lenz
Department of Internal Medicine III of the Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:1984-92. 2005....
- Myeloablative radiochemotherapy followed by autologous stem cell transplantation in first remission prolongs progression-free survival in follicular lymphoma: results of a prospective, randomized trial of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study GroupGeorg Lenz
Department of Internal Medicine III, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Blood 104:2667-74. 2004..Longer follow-up is necessary to determine the effect of ASCT on overall survival...
- Maintenance therapy with rituximab leads to a significant prolongation of response duration after salvage therapy with a combination of rituximab, fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and mitoxantrone (R-FCM) in patients with recurring and refractory follicularRoswitha Forstpointner
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Munich, Grosshadern Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Blood 108:4003-8. 2006..035) and MCL (P = .049) separately. Hence, R-maintenance is effective after salvage with R-chemotherapy and significantly prolongs response duration in patients with recurring or refractory FL or MCL...
- Safety and efficacy of itraconazole compared to amphotericin B as empirical antifungal therapy for neutropenic fever in patients with haematological malignancyUlrich Schuler
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Dresden, Germany
Onkologie 30:185-91. 2007..Safety, tolerability and efficacy of itraconazole and amphotericin B (AMB) were compared for empirical antifungal treatment of febrile neutropenic cancer patients...
- Phase III trial of high-dose sequential chemotherapy with peripheral blood stem cell support compared with standard dose chemotherapy for first-line treatment of advanced ovarian cancer: intergroup trial of the AGO-Ovar/AIO and EBMTVolker Möbus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Städtisches Klinikum, Gotenstrasse 6 8, D 65929 Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:4187-93. 2007..A randomized trial comparing high-dose sequential chemotherapy with peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) support with platinum-based combination chemotherapy was conducted to investigate whether dose-intensification improves outcome...
- Myeloablative intensified conditioning regimen with in vivo T-cell depletion (ATG) followed by allografting in patients with advanced multiple myeloma. A phase I/II study of the German Study-group Multiple Myeloma (DSMM)Nicolaus Kroger
Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:973-9. 2003..In vivo T-cell depletion with ATG resulted in a low rate of severe GvHD with low treatment-related mortality, and a substantial number of long-term survivors...
- Combined cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and prednisone (CHOP) improves response rates but not survival and has lower hematologic toxicity compared with combined mitoxantrone, chlorambucil, and prednisone (MCP) in follicular and mantle cell lyChristina Nickenig
Department of Internal Medicine III, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich Grosshadern, Germany
Cancer 107:1014-22. 2006..In patients with advanced-stage follicular lymphoma (FL) and mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), conventional chemotherapy remains a noncurative approach, and no major improvement in overall survival has been achieved in recent decades...