Diego J Walther
- 7-Hydroxytryptophan, a novel, specific, cytotoxic agent for carcinoids and other serotonin-producing tumorsDiego J Walther
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin Buch, Germany
Cancer 94:3135-40. 2002..Therefore, there is still a need for more specific and potent chemotherapeutic agents in the fight against serotonin-producing tumors...
- Synthesis of serotonin by a second tryptophan hydroxylase isoformDiego J Walther
, , D-13092 Berlin-Buch, Germany
Science 299:76. 2003
- Effect of tryptophan hydroxylase 1 deficiency on the development of hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertensionIan Morecroft
Division of Neuroscience and Biomedical Systems, Faculty of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Glasgow University, Glasgow, Scotland
Hypertension 49:232-6. 2007..In addition, the results suggest that, in mice, serotonin has differential effects on the pulmonary vasculature and right ventricular hypertrophy...
- Characterization of a functional promoter polymorphism of the human tryptophan hydroxylase 2 gene in serotonergic raphe neuronsKathrin Scheuch
Laboratory of Molecular Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, Berlin, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 62:1288-94. 2007..Although dysfunction of 5-HT neurotransmission has been implicated in a variety of neuropsychiatric conditions, the human TPH2 promoter has not been characterized in vitro...
- Platelet-derived serotonin mediates liver regenerationMickael Lesurtel
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
Science 312:104-7. 2006..This failure of regeneration was rescued by reloading serotonin-free platelets with a serotonin precursor molecule. These results suggest that platelet-derived serotonin is involved in the initiation of liver regeneration...
- Serotonin regulates mammary gland development via an autocrine-paracrine loopManabu Matsuda
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
Dev Cell 6:193-203. 2004..Thus, autocrine-paracrine serotonin signaling is an important regulator of mammary homeostasis and early involution...
- Serotonylation of small GTPases is a signal transduction pathway that triggers platelet alpha-granule releaseDiego J Walther
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestrasse 73, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Cell 115:851-62. 2003..Our data provides evidence for a receptor-independent signaling mechanism, termed herein as "serotonylation," which leads to alpha-granule exocytosis from platelets...
- A unique central tryptophan hydroxylase isoformDiego J Walther
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, D 13092 Berlin Buch, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 66:1673-80. 2003..In fact, there are two serotonin systems in vertebrates, independently regulated and with distinct functions...
- Development of antithrombotic miniribozymes that target peripheral tryptophan hydroxylaseJens Uwe Peter
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestrasse 73, D 14195, Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 295:205-15. 2007..Therefore, this Tph1-specific miniribozyme may provide a novel and effective form of gene therapy that may be applicable to a variety of thrombotic diseases...
- The first luminal domain of vesicular monoamine transporters mediates G-protein-dependent regulation of transmitter uptakeIrene Brunk
Functional Cell Biology, Centre for Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Philippstrasse 12, D 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:33373-85. 2006..The first luminal loop of VMATs may represent a G-protein-coupled receptor that adapts vesicular filling...
- Knockout of Arfrp1 leads to disruption of ARF-like1 (ARL1) targeting to the trans-Golgi in mouse embryos and HeLa cellsClaudia Zahn
Department of Pharmacology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, Nuthetal, Germany
Mol Membr Biol 23:475-85. 2006..These data suggest that lethality of Arfrp1 knockout embryos is due to a specific disruption of protein targeting, e.g., of ARL1 and Golgin-245, to the Golgi...
- Functional domains of human tryptophan hydroxylase 2 (hTPH2)Nurgul Carkaci-Salli
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 2360, USA
J Biol Chem 281:28105-12. 2006..These data identify the NH(2)-terminal regulatory domain as the source of hTPH2 instability and reduced solubility...