- Reuse of single-dose nevirapine in subsequent pregnancies for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission in Lusaka, Zambia: a cohort studyJan Walter
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Infect Dis 8:172. 2008..The effects of these mutations on the efficacy of SDNVP use in a subsequent pregnancy are not well understood...
- Detection of low levels of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) may be critical for early diagnosis of pediatric HIV infection by use of dried blood spotsJan Walter
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, 4546 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:2989-91. 2009..The codetection of DNA and RNA did not result in an overall higher sensitivity compared to that of DNA alone. Discordant results were associated with low levels of HIV DNA, indicating that the sample amount may be critical...
- High concentrations of interleukin 15 in breast milk are associated with protection against postnatal HIV transmissionJan Walter
Children s Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, 4546 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Infect Dis 200:1498-502. 2009..IL-15-mediated immunity may protect against HIV transmission during breast-feeding...
- Antiretroviral exposure and lymphocyte mtDNA content among uninfected infants of HIV-1-infected womenGrace M Aldrovandi
Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Pediatrics 124:e1189-97. 2009..Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor ARV agents can inhibit DNA polymerase gamma, impairing mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) synthesis and resulting in depletion or dysfunction...
- Advances in basic science understanding of mother-to-child HIV-1 transmissionJan Walter
aChildren s Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA bGertrude H Sergievsky Center, and Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 3:146-50. 2008..The present review summarizes and discusses studies on the mechanisms underlying mother-to-child HIV transmission published in 2006-2007...