- Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the human SGK protein kinase geneS Waldegger
Department of Physiology I, University of Tubingen, Germany
Genomics 51:299-302. 1998..Using this P1 clone as a probe for fluorescence in situ hybridization, a single chromosomal locus for SGK was assigned to band 6q23, a region frequently affected by deletion in various human neoplasms...
- h-sgk serine-threonine protein kinase gene as transcriptional target of transforming growth factor beta in human intestineS Waldegger
Institute of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Gastroenterology 116:1081-8. 1999..The aim of this study was to localize h-sgk messenger RNA (mRNA) expression in normal and inflamed intestinal mucosa and to identify potential transcriptional regulators...
- Molecular and functional characterization of s-KCNQ1 potassium channel from rectal gland of Squalus acanthiasS Waldegger
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Pflugers Arch 437:298-304. 1999..The low activation threshold at approximately -60 mV in combination with the high expression in rectal gland cells make s-KCNQ1 a potential candidate responsible for the basolateral potassium conductance...
- Monoamine neurotransmitter transport mediated by the polyspecific cation transporter rOCT1A E Busch
Institut für Physiologie der Eberhard Karls Universität, Tubingen, Germany
FEBS Lett 395:153-6. 1996..The high uptake rates measured in rOCT1-expressing oocytes and in transfected HEK 293 cells suggest that rOCT1 is a high capacity transporter which mediates the first step in the excretion of monoamine neurotransmitters...
- Electrogenic properties and substrate specificity of the polyspecific rat cation transporter rOCT1A E Busch
Institut für Physiologie der Eberhard Karls Universität, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:32599-604. 1996..The data indicate that rOCT1 is an effective transport system that is responsible for electrogenic uptake of a wide variety of organic cations into epithelial cells of renal proximal tubules and hepatocytes...
- Deranged transcriptional regulation of cell-volume-sensitive kinase hSGK in diabetic nephropathyF Lang
Departments of Physiology, Molecular Pathology, and Nephrology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen D 72076, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:8157-62. 2000..These observations disclose an additional element in the pathophysiology of diabetic nephropathy...
- Intracellular anions as the voltage sensor of prestin, the outer hair cell motor proteinD Oliver
Department of Physiology II, University of Tubingen, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Science 292:2340-3. 2001..The results support a model in which anions act as extrinsic voltage sensors, which bind to the prestin molecule and thus trigger the conformational changes required for motility of OHCs...
- Cerebral localization and regulation of the cell volume-sensitive serum- and glucocorticoid-dependent kinase SGK1S Warntges
Physiologisches Institut der Universitat Tubingen, Gmelinstrassse 5, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Pflugers Arch 443:617-24. 2002..3. As activation of K+ channels modifies excitation of neuronal cells, SGK1 may participate in the regulation of neuronal excitability...
- Serum- and glucocorticoid-dependent kinase, cell volume, and the regulation of epithelial transportS Fillon
Department of Physiology, , Germany
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 130:367-76. 2001..Thus, hsgk1 participates in the regulation of transport by steroids and secretagogues increasing intracellular Ca2+-activity. The stimulation of hsgk1 transcription by TGF-beta1 may further bear pathophysiological relevance...
- Cloning and characterization of a putative human serine/threonine protein kinase transcriptionally modified during anisotonic and isotonic alterations of cell volumeS Waldegger
Physiologisches Institut I der Eberhard Karls Universität, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:4440-5. 1997..The putative serine/threonine protein kinase h-sgk may provide a functional link between the cellular hydration state and metabolic control...
- The promoter for constitutive expression of the human ICln gene CLNS1AE Scandella
Department of Physiology, University of Innsbruck, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 275:15613-20. 2000..In addition to the starting sites, upstream sequence elements are mandatory for an efficient transcription of the ICln gene (CLNS1A). These new nucleotide elements were defined by site-directed mutagenesis...
- Cloning and characterization of SLC26A6, a novel member of the solute carrier 26 gene familyS Waldegger
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie ZMNH, University of Hamburg, Germany corrected
Genomics 72:43-50. 2001..We determined the genomic structure of the SLC26A6 gene and excluded mutations in the 21 coding exons as the cause of DFNB6 and USH2B, which closely map to the SLC26A6 chromosomal locus (3p21)...
- A constitutively open potassium channel formed by KCNQ1 and KCNE3B C Schroeder
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Hamburg University, Germany
Nature 403:196-9. 2000....