Eric von Elert
- Cyanopeptolin 954, a chlorine-containing chymotrypsin inhibitor of Microcystis aeruginosa NIVA Cya 43Eric von Elert
Limnological Institute, University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
J Nat Prod 68:1324-7. 2005..Nostopeptin BN920 inhibited chymotrypsin with an IC50 value of 31 nM...
- Protease activity in gut of Daphnia magna: evidence for trypsin and chymotrypsin enzymesEric von Elert
Limnological Institute, University of Constance, 78434 Konstanz, Germany
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 137:287-96. 2004..These two enzyme activities accounted for 75-83% of the proteolytic activity of gut contents. Substrate SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis revealed nine different proteases ranging from 15 to 73 kDa...
- Impact of 10 dietary sterols on growth and reproduction of Daphnia galeataDominik Martin-Creuzburg
Limnological Institute, University of Constance, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
J Chem Ecol 30:483-500. 2004..Sterols seem to differ in their allocation to somatic growth and reproduction. Thus, structural differences of dietary sterols have pronounced effects on life-history traits of D. galeata...
- Life history consequences of sterol availability in the aquatic keystone species DaphniaDominik Martin-Creuzburg
Limnological Institute, University of Constance, Mainaustrasse 252, 78464, Konstanz, Germany
Oecologia 144:362-72. 2005..The results suggest a strong impact of dietary sterols on life history traits and therefore, population dynamics of the keystone species Daphnia...
- Characterization of proteases in guts of Daphnia magna and their inhibition by Microcystis aeruginosa PCC 7806Manish K Agrawal
Department of Biological Sciences, Rani Durgavati University, 482001 Jabalpur, India
Environ Toxicol 20:314-22. 2005..magna and bovine origin; therefore, assessment of the impact of cyanobacterial protease inhibitors on natural communities requires the use of digestive proteases from ecologically relevant grazers...