Hans Peter Volz
- Savoxepine versus haloperidol. Reasons for a failed controlled clinical trial in patients with an acute episode of schizophreniaHans Peter Volz
Krankenhaus für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie Schloss Werneck, Balthasar Neumann Platz 1, 97444 Werneck, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 252:76-80. 2002..In future clinical trials with new neuroleptics, the preclinical data should be carefully evaluated, and drug brain kinetic parameters taken into consideration...
- St John's wort extract (LI 160) in somatoform disorders: results of a placebo-controlled trialHans Peter Volz
Psychiatric Department, University of Jena, Philosophenweg 3, 07740 Jena, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 164:294-300. 2002..Therefore, the efficacy of the Hypericum extract LI 160 in patients with somatoform disorders should be studied in a double-blind placebo-controlled fashion...
- Do neuroleptics alter the cerebral intracellular pH value in schizophrenics?-a (31)P-MRS study on three different patient groupsStefan Riehemann
Department of Psychiatry, University of Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07740, Jena, Germany
Psychiatry Res 114:113-7. 2002..A total sample of 72 patients and 32 healthy controls was investigated. A modified pH value was found only in those schizophrenic patients treated with the atypical neuroleptic clozapine...
- Processing of temporal information and the basal ganglia: new evidence from fMRIIgor Nenadic
Department of Psychiatry, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Philosophenweg 3, 07740 Jena, Germany
Exp Brain Res 148:238-46. 2003..Further investigations are needed to delineate the differential contributions of the striatum and other areas to timing...
- Neuroanatomy of "hearing voices": a frontotemporal brain structural abnormality associated with auditory hallucinations in schizophreniaChristian Gaser
Department of Psychiatry, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Cereb Cortex 14:91-6. 2004....
- Metabolic mapping using 2D 31P-MR spectroscopy reveals frontal and thalamic metabolic abnormalities in schizophreniaStefan Smesny
Department of Psychiatry, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Neuroimage 35:729-37. 2007..Results support the notion of disturbed phospholipid turnover in schizophrenia, probably unrelated to prior pharmacological treatment, and associated with increased energy demand...
- Rare variants of the gene encoding the potassium chloride co-transporter 3 are associated with bipolar disorderJobst Meyer
Clinical and Molecular Psychobiology, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 8:495-504. 2005..Our data strongly suggest that rare variants of SLC12A6 may represent risk factors for bipolar disorder...
- [Somatoform disorders--what must the general practitioner know?]Hans Peter Volz
Krankenhaus für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Schloss Werneck
MMW Fortschr Med 146:27-8, 30. 2004..John's Wort extract LI 160...
- [Acute schizophreniform disorder in Hashimoto disease]Isabel Teuber
, Balthasar-Neuman-Platz 1, 97440 Werneck
Psychiatr Prax 30:S83-4. 2003..The patient recovered well in 4-weeks time under therapy with neuroleptics and benzodiazepines...
- [Acute paranoid psychotic symptoms after i.m. injection of nandrolone]Isabel Teuber
, Balthasar-Neumann-Platz 1, 97440 Werneck
Psychiatr Prax 30:S73-4. 2003..m.-injection of nandrolone. Under therapy with neuroleptics the patient recovered completely within 2 months...
- Input dysfunction and beyond--an evaluation of CPT componentsEckart R Straube
Department of Clinical Assessment/Intervention and Clinical Psychology, Institute of Psychology, Friedrich-Schiller University, 07743 Jena, Germany
Schizophr Res 54:131-9. 2002..In light of these findings, we discussed whether etiology of schizophrenia could be conceptualized as a circumscribed neurocognitive deficit or a multifunctional, multilocal deficit...