- The efficacy and safety of a coumarin-/troxerutin-combination (SB-LOT) in patients with chronic venous insufficiency: a double blind placebo-controlled randomised studyW Vanscheidt
Dermatologic Clinic, University Freiburg, Germany
Vasa 31:185-90. 2002....
- Dose-response of compression therapy for chronic venous edema--higher pressures are associated with greater volume reduction: two randomized clinical studiesWolfgang Vanscheidt
Dermatologische Praxisgemeinschafts, Freiburg, Germany
J Vasc Surg 49:395-402, 402.e1. 2009..The objective of each study was to evaluate the safety and the relative effects of different cuff pressure combinations to determine if edema reduction was dose-dependent...
- [Systematic management of chronic wounds employing the TIME concept]W Vanscheidt
Dermatologische Praxisgemeinschaft Freiburg
MMW Fortschr Med 147:119-26. 2005..The present article discusses the principles and scientific background to this TIME concept...
- Effectiveness and tissue compatibility of a 12-week treatment of chronic venous leg ulcers with an octenidine based antiseptic--a randomized, double-blind controlled studyWolfgang Vanscheidt
Int Wound J 9:316-23. 2012..OHP is well suitable for the treatment of chronic wounds without cytotoxic effects. Furthermore, OHP does not impair the wound healing in chronic venous ulcers...
- Treatment of recalcitrant venous leg ulcers with autologous keratinocytes in fibrin sealant: a multinational randomized controlled clinical trialW Vanscheidt
Dermatologische Praxisgemeinschaft Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Wound Repair Regen 15:308-15. 2007..0001). This study, to date the largest multicenter study with autologous keratinocytes, provides evidence for its efficacy in the treatment of patients with therapy-resistant chronic venous leg ulcers...
- A prospective study on the use of a non-adhesive gelling foam dressing on exuding leg ulcersW Vanscheidt
Dermatologische Gemeinschaftspraxis, University Freiburg, Germany
J Wound Care 16:261-5. 2007..This non-comparative phase II study aimed to evaluate the safety and performance of a non-adhesive gelling foam dressing (GFD-N) in leg ulcer management...
- Enzymatic versus autolytic debridement of chronic leg ulcers: a prospective randomised trialM Konig
Dermatology Praxis, Gundelfingen, Germany
J Wound Care 14:320-3. 2005....
- Treatment of therapy-refractive ulcera cruris of various origins with autologous keratinocytes in fibrin sealantS Johnsen
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Freiburg, Germany
Vasa 34:25-9. 2005..Evaluation of the effects of cultivated, subconfluent, autologous keratinocytes in fibrin sealant (BioSeed-S) on the healing of therapy-refractive chronic wounds...
- Short-stretch versus multilayer compression for venous leg ulcers: a comparison of healing ratesA Ukat
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Wound Care 12:139-43. 2003..To compare the performance of two compression systems, (multilayer elastic [Profore], Smith and Nephew) and (short stretch [Comprilan], Beiersdorf), in the treatment of venous leg ulcers in a randomised controlled trial...
- [Cost effectiveness of treating skin grafts with a special hydrogel formulation]M Augustin
SG Gesundheitsökonomie Klinik für Dermatologie und Venerologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg
MMW Fortschr Med 147:60. 2005
- Elevated expression of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (CD147) and membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases in venous leg ulcersJ Norgauer
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center, Hauptstrasse 7, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 147:1180-6. 2002..Extracellular MMP inducer (EMMPRIN; CD147) has been reported to increase MMP expression, and membrane type 1 MMP (MT1-MMP) has been implicated in the activation of MMPs...
- [Compression therapy of venous varicose ulcer. New bandage saves time and money]A Ukat
Rheintalklinik, Thürachstr 10, D 79189 Bad Krozingen
MMW Fortschr Med 144:41. 2002
- Late manifestation of dyskeratosis congenita presenting as chronic dermal ulcer in a 37-year-old manC Reimann
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:897-8. 2008
- Lipodermatosclerosis is characterized by elevated expression and activation of matrix metalloproteinases: implications for venous ulcer formationY Herouy
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 111:822-7. 1998..Furthermore, MMP-2 was imbalanced by locally reduced expression of TIMP-2 in the basement membrane zone of lesional skin. Our findings indicate lipodermatosclerosis to be characterized by elevated matrix turnover...
- Expression of the B7/BB1 activation antigen and its ligand CD28 in T-cell-mediated skin diseasesJ C Simon
Department of Dermatology, University of Freiburg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 103:539-43. 1994..We speculate that "alternative" T cell-activation via the B7/CD28 pathway may contribute to the pathogenesis of these skin diseases...