- Quality control in nucleic acid testing--where do we stand?Elizabeth Valentine-Thon
Department of Molecular Diagnostics, Laboratory Drs Schiwara, Wittke, Gerritzen, Köster, Kühn Velten, Bergmann, Haferwende 12, Bremen 28357, Germany
J Clin Virol 25:S13-21. 2002..In conclusion, although considerable progress has been made, quality control of NATs in clinical diagnosis remains an ongoing challenge...
- Validity of MELISA for metal sensitivity testingElizabeth Valentine-Thon
MELISA LTT Center, Laboratory Dr M Sandkamp, B Köster, Dr R Hiller, Norderoog 2, 28259 Bremen, Germany
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 24:57-64. 2003..This study was carried out to evaluate the reproducibility, sensitivity, specificity, and reliability of the MELISA Test for detecting metal sensitivity in patients with clinical symptoms of a type IV hypersensitivity to metal...
- A novel lymphocyte transformation test (LTT-MELISA) for Lyme borreliosisElizabeth Valentine-Thon
Department of Immunology, Laboratory Center Bremen, 28205 Bremen, Germany
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 57:27-34. 2007..This novel LTT-MELISA assay appears to correlate with active LB and may have diagnostic relevance in confirming LB in clinically and serologically ambiguous cases...
- LTT-MELISA is clinically relevant for detecting and monitoring metal sensitivityElizabeth Valentine-Thon
Laboratory Center Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 27:17-24. 2006..In addition, we determined the reproducibility of the assay and assessed its clinical relevance for detecting and monitoring hypersensitivity to metals...
- External quality assessment program for qualitative and quantitative detection of hepatitis C virus RNA in diagnostic virologyJurjen Schirm
Department of Virology, Regional Public Health Laboratory, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 40:2973-80. 2002..Finally, this study underlines the importance of proficiency panels for monitoring the quality of diagnostic laboratories...
- Blood metal levels and metal-influenced immune functions of harbour seals in captivityAntje Kakuschke
GKSS Research Centre, Institute for Coastal Research, Max Planck Strasse 1, 21502 Geesthacht, Germany
Mar Pollut Bull 56:764-9. 2008..Summarising, the methods used in this investigation provided useful information on these animals, and their application to free-ranging animals can be recommended...
- Metal-induced impairment of the cellular immunity of newborn harbor seals (Phoca vitulina)Antje Kakuschke
GKSS Research Center, Institute for Coastal Research, Max Planck Strasse 1, 21502, Geesthacht, Germany
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 55:129-36. 2008..Summarizing, the lymphocyte proliferation used as a marker in this investigation provided useful immunological information on these developing animals, and its application for toxicological studies on pollutants can be recommended...
- Hypersensitivity to titanium: clinical and laboratory evidenceKurt Muller
Practice for Dermatology and Environmental Medicine, Isny, Germany
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 27:31-5. 2006..This study was carried out to investigate the potential of titanium to induce hypersensitivity in patients chronically exposed to titanium-based dental or endoprosthetic implants...
- Immunological impact of metals in harbor seals (Phoca vitulina) of the North SeaAntje Kakuschke
Institute for Coastal Research, GKSS Research Centre, Max Planck Strasse 1, 21502 Geesthacht, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 39:7568-75. 2005..Our results show the value of a combined biological and effect-monitoring tool to investigate pollution-induced immunopathies in live animals...
- Burning mouth syndrome associated with palladium allergy?Paolo D Pigatto
Eur J Dermatol 18:356-7. 2008