Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Severe type III hyperlipoproteinemia associated with unusual apolipoprotein E1 phenotype and epsilon 1/'null' genotypeG Feussner
Medizinische Universitatsklinik Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 22:599-608. 1992....
- [Hypercalcemia]R Ziegler
Medizinische Universitäts und Poliklinik, Heidelberg
Ther Umsch 57:391-7. 2000....
- Hypercalcemic crisisR Ziegler
Medizinische Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:S3-9. 2001..The diagnostic program should be performed within hours; during this time, serum calcium should be lowered. Treatment of choice is hemodialysis against a calcium-free dialysate. Bisphosphonates could be useful as adjuvant drugs...
- Serum bone sialoprotein as a marker of tumour burden and neoplastic bone involvement and as a prognostic factor in multiple myelomaH W Woitge
Department of Medicine I, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, D 69115, Germany
Br J Cancer 84:344-51. 2001..The quantification of serum BSP may be a non-invasive method for the diagnosis and follow-up, and may improve the prognostic value of conventional staging in MM...
- Identification of a deletion variant in the gene encoding the human alpha(2A)-adrenergic receptorA Hamann
Abteilung Innere Medizin I, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 144:291-5. 2001..This study was undertaken to assess whether variants in the alpha(2A)-adrenergic receptor gene are associated with body weight...
- Association of transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGFbeta1) T29 --> C gene polymorphism with bone mineral density (BMD), changes in BMD, and serum concentrations of TGF-beta1 in a population-based sample of postmenopausal german womenV Hinke
Department of Internal Medicine, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil, University of Bochum, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 69:315-20. 2001..Further studies are therefore necessary to clarify the relationship between this polymorphism and BMD...
- Elements of therapeutic research structureR Ziegler
Verein für Krebsforschung, Institut Hiscia, Kirschweg 9, CH 4144 Arlesheim, Switzerland
Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd 11:5-12. 2004..The main emphasis lies on the time structure of the research and the possible sources of bias and validity. In addition, methods to deal with confounding, effect modification and possible causal inferences are summarized...
- Anthroposophic therapies in chronic disease: the Anthroposophic Medicine Outcomes Study (AMOS)Harald J Hamre
Institute for Applied Epistemology and Medical Methodology, Freiburg Bad Krozingen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 9:351-60. 2004..Anthroposophic medicine (AM) is used worldwide for chronic diseases...
- Bone loss in experimental diabetes. Comparison with the model of inflammation mediated osteopeniaD Hadjidakis
Abteilung Innere Medizin I, Endokrinologie und Stoffwechsel, , Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 25:77-81. 1993..Those of diabetic rats with IMO were higher than those of the diabetic and IMO animals after 6 weeks.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Changes in lipid and carbohydrate metabolism during starvation in adult Manduca sextaR Ziegler
, , Federal Republic of Germany
J Comp Physiol B 161:125-31. 1991....
- Restless legs syndrome and sleep problems in children and adolescents with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus type 1S Happe
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Neuropediatrics 36:98-103. 2005..However, there is a relationship between diabetes and sleep disturbances and an optimally controlled diabetes mellitus might be an important factor for an improved sleep initiation...