Affiliation: University of Regensburg
- Consensus conference on clinical practice in chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD): first-line and topical treatment of chronic GVHDDaniel Wolff
Department of Hematology and Clinical Oncology, University of Regensburg, F J Strauss Allee 11, Regensburg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:1611-28. 2010..Beside systemic immunosuppression, the use of topical immunosuppressive interventions may improve local response rates and may be used as the only treatment in mild localized organ manifestations of cGVHD...
- The treatment of chronic graft-versus-host disease: consensus recommendations of experts from Germany, Austria, and SwitzerlandDaniel Wolff
Abteilung für Hämatologie und Internistische Onkologie, Universitat Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 108:732-40. 2011..cGVHD is a chronic multisystem disease due to impaired tolerance mechanisms. It affects many organs in variable ways, impairing organ function and lowering quality of life...
- Pharmaceutical and cellular strategies in prophylaxis and treatment of graft-versus-host diseaseD Wolff
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Curr Pharm Des 15:1974-97. 2009..Moreover, successful topical treatment of manifestations of chronic GVHD manifestations has been reported consisting of topical steroids like budesonide, topical calcineurin inhibitors, or PUVA...
- Consensus Conference on Clinical Practice in Chronic GVHD: Second-Line Treatment of Chronic Graft-versus-Host DiseaseDaniel Wolff
Department of Hematology and Clinical Oncology, University of Regensburg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1-17. 2011..Moreover, the sparse evidence for most treatment entities indicates the urgent need for systematic evaluation of second-line treatment options in cGVHD...
- Recipient NOD2/CARD15 variants: a novel independent risk factor for the development of bronchiolitis obliterans after allogeneic stem cell transplantationGerhard C Hildebrandt
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg Medical School, Regensburg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:67-74. 2008..2% (P = .04). Multivariate analysis proved recipient but not donor NOD2/CARD15 variants to be a novel independent risk factor for BO development, and NOD2/CARD15 typing may help identify patients at increased risk for BO...
- Oral chronic graft-versus-host disease: report from the International Consensus Conference on clinical practice in cGVHDJohannes K H Meier
Department of Cranio Maxillo Facial Surgery, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 15:127-39. 2011....
- Metabolic bone diseases in patients after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: report from the Consensus Conference on Clinical Practice in chronic graft-versus-host diseaseAnke Heidewig Hautmann
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg, F J Strauss Allee 11, Regensburg, Germany
Transpl Int 24:867-79. 2011..In this report, we provide recommendations for metabolic bone diseases agreed upon by the working party. This includes guidelines for diagnosis, prevention, and therapeutic options in patients with low bone mass or AVN...
- Neurological manifestations of chronic graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: report from the Consensus Conference on Clinical Practice in chronic graft-versus-host diseaseOliver Grauer
Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre Regensburg, Universitätsstraße 84, Regensburg, Germany
Brain 133:2852-65. 2010....
- Current practice in diagnosis and treatment of acute graft-versus-host disease: results from a survey among German-Austrian-Swiss hematopoietic stem cell transplant centersDaniel Wolff
Department of Hematology and Clinical Oncology, University of Regensburg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 19:767-76. 2013..Our survey also demonstrates that clinicians chose salvage therapies for steroid-refractory aGVHD based on their centers' own clinical experience...
- Diagnosis and treatment of ocular chronic graft-versus-host disease: report from the German-Austrian-Swiss Consensus Conference on Clinical Practice in chronic GVHDTina Dietrich-Ntoukas
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center, Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Cornea 31:299-310. 2012..Ocular chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD) is one of the most frequent long-term complications after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and is often associated with significant morbidity and reduced quality of life...
- Prognostic significance of NOD2/CARD15 variants in HLA-identical sibling hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: effect on long-term outcome is confirmed in 2 independent cohorts and may be modulated by the type of gastrointestinal decontaminationErnst Holler
Department of Haematology Oncology, Medical Centre, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Blood 107:4189-93. 2006..Our data further support an interaction between gastrointestinal defense mechanisms, activation of the innate immune system, and specific transplant-related complications...
- Muscle cramps and neuropathies in patients with allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and graft-versus-host diseasePeter D Kraus
Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44922. 2012..Peripheral nervous system manifestations of GVHD are rare but often disabling. Whereas immune-mediated neuropathies are an established feature of GVHD, muscle cramps are not well characterized...
- G to C transition at position -173 of MIF gene of the recipient is associated with reduced relapse rates after allogeneic stem cell transplantationYa Yi Chang
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg Medical Center, Regensburg, Germany
Cytokine 48:218-25. 2009....
- Pathophysiology and management of graft-versus-host disease in the era of reduced-intensity conditioningKarin Landfried
Department of Hematology Oncology, University Medical Centre, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Curr Opin Oncol 21:S39-41. 2009..To improve long-term outcome in GvHD, pre-emptive strategies or more selective approaches aimed at immunomodulation rather than immunosuppression are needed...
- The role of genetic variants of NOD2/CARD15, a receptor of the innate immune system, in GvHD and complications following related and unrelated donor haematopoietic stem cell transplantationE Holler
Department of Haematology Oncology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Int J Immunogenet 35:381-4. 2008..Thus our observation indicates that the presence of a defect in innate immunity signalling in donor monocytes and possibly antigen presenting cells is most prominent in patients having additional T cell deficiency...
- Tryptophan catabolism is associated with acute GVHD after human allogeneic stem cell transplantation and indicates activation of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseKarin Landfried
Department of Haematology Oncology, University Medical Center, Regensburg, Germany
Blood 118:6971-4. 2011..GVHD-dependent induction of IDO was further suggested by increased expression of IDO mRNA in intestinal biopsies from patients with severe GVHD. Our data indicate reactive release of kynurenines in GVHD-associated inflammation...
- Preclinical analysis of treosulfan in combination with total body irradiation as conditioning regimen prior to bone marrow transplantation in ratsVicky Sender
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 31:595-600. 2009..Gastrointestinal toxicity is the dose-limiting factor in the treatment with Treo and TBI. Furthermore, Treo possesses certain characteristics of a radiosensitizer...
- The lack of memory B cells including T cell independent IgM+ IgD+ memory B cells in chronic graft-versus host disease is associated with susceptibility to infectionInken Hilgendorf
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Palliative Care, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Transpl Int 25:87-96. 2012..Our data underline the close association of diminished B cell counts with cGVHD and the onset of severe infections. The lack of IgM(+) memory B cells in patients with cGVHD may indicate functional asplenia...
- Recipient NOD2/CARD15 status affects cellular infiltrates in human intestinal graft-versus-host diseaseK Landfried
Department of Haematology Oncology, University Medical Centre, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 159:87-92. 2010..Our results suggest a loss of protective CD4 T cells in intestinal GVHD which is enhanced further by the presence of NOD2/CARD15 variants. Our study might help to identify more selective therapeutic strategies in the future...
- Enteral budesonide in treatment for mild and moderate gastrointestinal chronic GVHDH Andree
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:541-6. 2008..BUD represents a treatment option in mild-to-moderate cGVHD, which is well tolerated and associated with a high response rate in gastrointestinal cGVHD...
- Treosulfan and fludarabine: a new toxicity-reduced conditioning regimen for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJochen Casper
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, PO Box 100888, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Blood 103:725-31. 2004..4-33.4 months). In summary, the combination of treosulfan and fludarabine is a safe and efficient conditioning regimen...