Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Interleukin-35 mediates mucosal immune responses that protect against T-cell-dependent colitisStefan Wirtz
Medical Department 1, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Gastroenterology 141:1875-86. 2011..We investigated the roles of IL-27 and IL-35 in chronic inflammation of the intestine...
- Confocal laser endomicroscopy and narrow-band imaging-aided endoscopy for in vivo imaging of colitis and colon cancer in miceMaximilian J Waldner
Department of Medicine I, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Nat Protoc 6:1471-81. 2011..Mouse NBI endoscopy and CLE represent reliable and fast high-quality techniques for the endoscopic characterization and molecular imaging of the mucosa in colitis and colon cancer...
- A variant of Smurf2 protects mice against colitis-associated colon cancer by inducing transforming growth factor β signalingHeike Dornhoff
Department of Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen and Nuremberg, Germany
Gastroenterology 142:1183-1194.e4. 2012..We identified a splice variant of Smurf2 (ΔE2Smurf2) and investigated its role in colon carcinogenesis in mice...
- Interleukin-33-dependent innate lymphoid cells mediate hepatic fibrosisTamar McHedlidze
Medical Department 1, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Immunity 39:357-71. 2013..Our data reveal key immunological networks implicated in hepatic fibrosis and support the concept of modulation of IL-33 bioactivity for therapeutic purposes. ..
- The Mincle-activating adjuvant TDB induces MyD88-dependent Th1 and Th17 responses through IL-1R signalingChristiane Desel
Institute of Clinical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e53531. 2013..Our data suggest that the glycolipid adjuvant TDB triggers Mincle-dependent IL-1 production to induce MyD88-dependent Th1/Th17 responses in vivo...
- Assessment of tumor development and wound healing using endoscopic techniques in miceMarkus F Neurath
Medical Clinic 1, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany
Gastroenterology 139:1837-1843.e1. 2010..Finally, mouse endoscopy can help to reduce animal numbers needed to gain significant experimental data...