Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Human cytomegalovirus tegument protein ppUL35 is important for viral replication and particle formationKarina Schierling
Abteilung Virologie, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Virol 79:3084-96. 2005..However, the particles produced by wild-type and mutant viruses did not show significant ultrastructural differences. These results suggest an important role for ppUL35 in immediate-early gene expression and virus assembly...
- Human cytomegalovirus tegument proteins ppUL82 (pp71) and ppUL35 interact and cooperatively activate the major immediate-early enhancerKarina Schierling
Abteilung Virologie, , Ulm, Germany
J Virol 78:9512-23. 2004..These results suggest an important role for this interaction in the stimulation of viral immediate-early gene expression and viral infection...
- RBP-Jkappa/SHARP recruits CtIP/CtBP corepressors to silence Notch target genesFranz Oswald
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Strasse 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 25:10379-90. 2005..Furthermore, the endogenous Hey1 promoter is derepressed in CtBP-deficient cells. We propose that a corepressor complex containing CtIP/CtBP facilitates RBP-Jkappa/SHARP-mediated repression of Notch target genes...
- Human cytomegalovirus-induced reduction of extracellular matrix proteins in vascular smooth muscle cell cultures: a pathomechanism in vasculopathies?Barbara Reinhardt
Institute of Virology, Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Gen Virol 87:2849-58. 2006..These may represent molecular mechanisms for HCMV-induced pathogenesis of inflammatory vasculopathies and may facilitate dissemination of HCMV by promoting the detachment of infected cells in vivo...
- Open reading frame UL26 of human cytomegalovirus encodes a novel tegument protein that contains a strong transcriptional activation domainThomas Stamminger
Institut für Klinische und Molekulare Virologie der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Virol 76:4836-47. 2002..Our data suggest that pUL26 is a novel tegument protein of HCMV with a strong transcriptional activation domain that could play an important role during initiation of the viral replicative cycle...
- A nonconventional nuclear localization signal within the UL84 protein of human cytomegalovirus mediates nuclear import via the importin alpha/beta pathwayPeter Lischka
Institut für Klinische und Molekulare Virologie der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Virol 77:3734-48. 2003..Although containing a cluster of basic amino acids similar to classical NLSs, this cluster did not contain the NLS activity. Thus, a complex structure appears to be essential for importin alpha binding and import activity...
- Fluorescence-based antiviral assay for the evaluation of compounds against vaccinia virus, varicella zoster virus and human cytomegalovirusFabiana Dal Pozzo
Rega Institute for Medical Research, K U Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Virol Methods 151:66-73. 2008..Furthermore the fluorimetric data could be confirmed by a flow cytometry assay. GFP- and EYFP-recombinant viruses proved to be a convenient tool for the evaluation of antiviral agents...