Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Support groups for cancer patientsJoachim Weis
Tumor Biology Center, Department of Psychooncology, Breisacher Str 117, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Support Care Cancer 11:763-8. 2003..Positive effects on survival have even been reported, but these effects have not yet been proven...
- Developing a self-rating measure of patient competence in the context of oncology: a multi-center studyJürgen M Giesler
Tumor Biology Center, Psychosocial Department, Freiburg, Germany
Psychooncology 17:1089-99. 2008..Consequently, this study attempted to contribute to the definition and measurement of PC...
- [Sound meditation in oncological rehabilitation--a pilot study of a receptive music therapy group using the monochord]Jens Peter Rose
Psychosoziale Abteilung, Klinik fur Tumorbiologie, Freiburg i Br, Deutschland
Forsch Komplementmed 15:335-43. 2008..This pilot study presents an evaluation of receptive music therapy performed in a group at an oncological rehabilitation hospital,with a focus on the experiences made by the patients...
- [Chronic diseases, psychological distress and coping -- challenges for psychosocial care in medicine]Jürgen Bengel
Abteilung für Rehabilitationspsychologie, Institut fur Psychologie, Universitat Freiburg
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 53:83-93. 2003....
- [Music therapy in oncology--concepts and review]Jens Peter Rose
Klinik fur Tumorbiologie, Freiburg
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 54:457-70. 2004..The results of the studies and case histories are summarized and evaluated and provide the basis for the conclusions and recommendations for the music therapeutic practice in oncology...
- Cancer-related fatigue: prevalence, assessment and treatment strategiesJoachim Weis
Tumor Biology Center at the University of Freiburg, Department of Psychooncology, Breisacher Str 117, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 11:441-6. 2011..In most Western countries, treatment of CRF has been identified as a priority for advancing cancer patient care. This article gives an overview of the concept of CRF, its pathogenesis, assessment and treatment strategies...
- Subjective dimensions of patient competence: relationships with selected healthcare usage behaviors and general features of self-rated competenceJoachim Weis
Tumor Biology Center, Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 73:511-8. 2008....
- Psycho-oncology in a united Europe--changes and challengesMonica Keller
Psychosoziale Nachsorgeeinrichtung, Chirurgische Univ Klinik, Im Neuenheimer Feld 155, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 45:109-17. 2003..Among these, there is the need for methodological refinement, as well as for proof of clinical relevance of research results, in order to narrow the gap between research and practice...
- Nonmalignant late effects after allogeneic stem cell transplantationGerard Socie
Hematology Stem Cell Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 101:3373-85. 2003
- The dark side of the NGF family: neurotrophins in neoplasiasAlex Kruttgen
Institute for Neuropathology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Brain Pathol 16:304-10. 2006..This article summarizes the current knowledge on the role of neurotrophins and their receptors in malignancies, with special focus on tumors of neuropathological interest...