Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Support groups for cancer patientsJoachim Weis
Tumor Biology Center, Department of Psychooncology, Breisacher Str 117, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Support Care Cancer 11:763-8. 2003..Positive effects on survival have even been reported, but these effects have not yet been proven...
- Developing a self-rating measure of patient competence in the context of oncology: a multi-center studyJürgen M Giesler
Tumor Biology Center, Psychosocial Department, Freiburg, Germany
Psychooncology 17:1089-99. 2008..Consequently, this study attempted to contribute to the definition and measurement of PC...
- [Chronic diseases, psychological distress and coping -- challenges for psychosocial care in medicine]Jürgen Bengel
Abteilung für Rehabilitationspsychologie, Institut fur Psychologie, Universitat Freiburg
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 53:83-93. 2003....
- [Music therapy in oncology--concepts and review]Jens Peter Rose
Klinik fur Tumorbiologie, Freiburg
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 54:457-70. 2004..The results of the studies and case histories are summarized and evaluated and provide the basis for the conclusions and recommendations for the music therapeutic practice in oncology...
- [Sound meditation in oncological rehabilitation--a pilot study of a receptive music therapy group using the monochord]Jens Peter Rose
Psychosoziale Abteilung, Klinik fur Tumorbiologie, Freiburg i Br, Deutschland
Forsch Komplementmed 15:335-43. 2008..This pilot study presents an evaluation of receptive music therapy performed in a group at an oncological rehabilitation hospital,with a focus on the experiences made by the patients...
- Rehabilitation for cancer patientsJoachim Weis
Klinik für Tumorbiologie an der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Psychosoziale Abteilung, Tumor Biology Center at the University of Freiburg, Psychosocial Department, Breisacher Str 117, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Recent Results Cancer Res 197:87-101. 2014..Research on the effectiveness of cancer rehabilitation provides evidence of improvements in relevant outcome parameters, but faces some methodological challenges as well. ..
- Cancer-related fatigue: prevalence, assessment and treatment strategiesJoachim Weis
Tumor Biology Center at the University of Freiburg, Department of Psychooncology, Breisacher Str 117, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 11:441-6. 2011..In most Western countries, treatment of CRF has been identified as a priority for advancing cancer patient care. This article gives an overview of the concept of CRF, its pathogenesis, assessment and treatment strategies...
- Subjective dimensions of patient competence: relationships with selected healthcare usage behaviors and general features of self-rated competenceJoachim Weis
Tumor Biology Center, Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 73:511-8. 2008....
- Psycho-oncology in a united Europe--changes and challengesMonica Keller
Psychosoziale Nachsorgeeinrichtung, Chirurgische Univ Klinik, Im Neuenheimer Feld 155, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 45:109-17. 2003..Among these, there is the need for methodological refinement, as well as for proof of clinical relevance of research results, in order to narrow the gap between research and practice...
- Nonmalignant late effects after allogeneic stem cell transplantationGerard Socie
Hematology Stem Cell Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 101:3373-85. 2003
- The dark side of the NGF family: neurotrophins in neoplasiasAlex Kruttgen
Institute for Neuropathology, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Brain Pathol 16:304-10. 2006..This article summarizes the current knowledge on the role of neurotrophins and their receptors in malignancies, with special focus on tumors of neuropathological interest...