Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Dampness and moulds in relation to respiratory and allergic symptoms in children: results from Phase Two of the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC Phase Two)G Weinmayr
Institute of Epidemiology, Ulm University, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 43:762-74. 2013..Many studies report that damp housing conditions are associated with respiratory symptoms. Less is known about mechanisms and possible effect modifiers. Studies of dampness in relation to allergic sensitization and eczema are scarce...
- Asthma phenotypes identified by latent class analysis in the ISAAC phase II Spain studyG Weinmayr
Institute of Epidemiology and Medical Biometry, Ulm University, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 43:223-32. 2013..Classification of respiratory symptoms may help to identify different underlying asthma phenotypes reflecting differences in aetiology and prognosis of wheezing disease among children...
- Study on occupational allergy risks (SOLAR II) in Germany: design and methodsSabine Heinrich
Unit for Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology and Net Teaching, Institute and Outpatient Clinic for Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, University Hospital of Munich, Munich, Germany
BMC Public Health 11:298. 2011..This paper describes the methods of the 2nd follow-up carried out from 2007 to 2009 and the challenges we faced while studying a population-based cohort of young adults...
- Accelerometer-based physical activity in a large observational cohort--study protocol and design of the activity and function of the elderly in Ulm (ActiFE Ulm) studyMichael D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Ulm, Germany
BMC Geriatr 10:50. 2010....
- Atopic sensitization and the international variation of asthma symptom prevalence in childrenGudrun Weinmayr
Institute of Epidemiology, Ulm University, Helmholtzstrasse 22, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:565-74. 2007..Atopic sensitization has long been known to be related to asthma in children, but its role in determining asthma prevalence remains to be elucidated further...
- International variation in prevalence of rhinitis and its relationship with sensitisation to perennial and seasonal allergensG Weinmayr
Institute of Epidemiology, Ulm University, Helmholtzstr 22, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
Eur Respir J 32:1250-61. 2008..Atopy seems to be only marginally relevant for rhinitis without conjunctivitis, which seems mainly to reflect nonatopic rhinitis...
- International variations in associations of allergic markers and diseases in children: ISAAC Phase TwoG Weinmayr
Institute of Epidemiology, Ulm University, Helmholtzstrasse 22, Ulm, Germany
Allergy 65:766-75. 2010..We analysed the association between SPTs, total and allergen-specific IgE and their relationships to allergic symptoms in centres with diverse living conditions...
- Short-term effects of PM10 and NO2 on respiratory health among children with asthma or asthma-like symptoms: a systematic review and meta-analysisGudrun Weinmayr
Institute of Epidemiology, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Environ Health Perspect 118:449-57. 2010....
- Association of pertussis and measles infections and immunizations with asthma and allergic sensitization in ISAAC Phase TwoGabriele Nagel
Institute of Epidemiology and Medical Biometry, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 23:737-46. 2012..Pertussis and measles infection as well as vaccination have been suspected as possible mediating factors of allergic disease in childhood...
- Effect of diet on asthma and allergic sensitisation in the International Study on Allergies and Asthma in Childhood (ISAAC) Phase TwoGabriele Nagel
Institute of Epidemiology, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Thorax 65:516-22. 2010..A study was undertaken to assess the association between dietary factors, asthma and allergy in a large international study including objective measurements of atopy...
- International variations in bronchial responsiveness in children: findings from ISAAC phase twoGisela Büchele
Institute of Epidemiology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:796-806. 2010..Bronchial responsiveness is an objectively measurable trait related to asthma. Its prevalence and association with asthma symptoms among children in many countries are unknown...
- Assessing bronchial responsiveness to hypertonic saline using the stepwise protocol of Phase Two of the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC II)Gisela Büchele
Department of Epidemiology, University of Ulm, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:131-40. 2007..Response parameters based on inhalation time discriminate well between children with and without asthma and will be compared in the analyses of ISAAC Phase Two data...
- The role of atopic sensitization in flexural eczema: findings from the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood Phase TwoCarsten Flohr
Centre of Evidence Based Dermatology and the Centre for Population Sciences, Institute of Clinical Research, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:141-147.e4. 2008..The association between allergic sensitization and eczema has been debated for years...
- Adolescents' jobs and the course of dermatitis symptoms throughout pubertyKatja Radon
Institute for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Ziemssenstrasse 1, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Scand J Work Environ Health 32:132-7. 2006..This study evaluated the course of dermatitis symptoms throughout puberty taking into account occupational exposures in a population-based study...