Affiliation: University of Wuerzburg
- Glycolytic phenotype in breast cancer: activation of Akt, up-regulation of GLUT1, TKTL1 and down-regulation of M2PKMelanie Schmidt
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 4, Wuerzburg, 97080, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:219-25. 2010..To date, however, little is known about glucose metabolism in breast cancer tissue...
- Autocrine vascular endothelial growth factor signalling in breast cancer. Evidence from cell lines and primary breast cancer cultures in vitroMelanie Weigand
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Angiogenesis 8:197-204. 2005..Moreover, this autocrine loop represents an attractive therapeutic target...
- A novel breast cancer cell line initially established from pleural effusion: evolution towards a more aggressive phenotypeMelanie Schmidt
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, LRB 470X, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Int J Oncol 30:565-72. 2007....
- Characterization of an intramolecular protein-protein interaction in c-Ets1 and its viral homologue v-EtsMelanie Schmidt
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Wurzburg, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Oncol Rep 18:457-63. 2007..In v-Ets in which the C-terminal domain is mutated this interaction appears to lead to strong DNA binding affinity. Therefore, changes in v-Ets might contribute to the tumorigenic process by altering intramolecular interactions...
- Glucose metabolism and angiogenesis in granulosa cell tumors of the ovary: activation of Akt, expression of M2PK, TKTL1 and VEGFMelanie Schmidt
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 4, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 139:72-8. 2008..Thus, we focussed on a selection of key factors in angiogenesis and tumor glycolysis to study metabolic characteristics of granulosa cell tumors of the ovary...
- Primary vaginal melanoma: a case report and literature reviewM Schmidt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 29:285-8. 2008..Due to the rarity of the disease, no prospective studies or validated treatment recommendations exist...
- Expression of VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) in breast cancer is associated with VEGF expression and with node-negative tumour stageMelanie Schmidt
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 28:1719-24. 2008..The impact of autocrine signalling loops on treatment with VEGF inhibitors is still unclear...
- The clinicopathological and prognostic relevance of pyruvate kinase M2 and pAkt expression in breast cancerCarina Benesch
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 30:1689-94. 2010..Cancer cell growth has been described to depend on glucose utilization. Activation of Akt and up-regulation of pyruvate kinase M2 (M2-PK) are attributes of tumour glycolysis...
- Expression of transketolase-like 1 (TKTL1) and p-Akt correlates with the progression of cervical neoplasiaNico Kohrenhagen
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:293-300. 2008..Transketolase-like enzyme 1 (TKTL1) and the oncogene p-Akt have been described to play an important role in glycolysis during tumorigenesis. Thus, we were interested in their expression in cervical tissue...