- Excitation and geometrically matched local encoding of curved slices
Department of Radiology, Medical Physics, University Medical Centre Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Magn Reson Med 69:1317-25. 2013
- Microcoil-based MRI: feasibility study and cell culture applications using a conventional animal system
Medical Physics, Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Breisacher Str 60a, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
MAGMA 24:137-45. 2011
..4 T horizontal animal MRI system using commercial available microcoils in combination with only minor modifications to the system, thereby opening this field to a larger community...
- Stages: sub-Fourier dynamic shim updating using nonlinear magnetic field phase preparation
Walter R T Witschey
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Medical Physics, Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg i Breisgau, Germany
Magn Reson Med 71:57-66. 2014
..We anticipate that this method will be useful to improve the quality of magnetic resonance images by removing deleterious artifacts associated with a heterogeneous static magnetic field...
- Practical considerations for in vivo MRI with higher dimensional spatial encoding
University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
MAGMA 25:419-31. 2012
..This work seeks to examine practical aspects of in vivo imaging when spatial encoding is performed with three or more encoding channels for a 2D image...
- Image reconstruction in k-space from MR data encoded with ambiguous gradient fields
Medical Physics, Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Magn Reson Med 73:857-64. 2015
..In this work, the limits of image reconstruction in k-space are explored when non-bijective gradient fields are used for spatial encoding...
- Radial imaging with multipolar magnetic encoding fields
Department of Radiology, Medical Physics, University Medical Center Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 30:2134-45. 2011
..The direct reconstruction gives good results for fully sampled datasets. Undersampled datasets, however, show star-shaped artifacts, which are significantly reduced with the iterative reconstruction...
- Local field of view imaging for alias-free undersampling with nonlinear spatial encoding magnetic fields
Department of Radiology Medical Physics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Magn Reson Med 71:1002-14. 2014
..Nonlinear spatial encoding magnetic fields result in an inhomogeneous image resolution. Within this study, this characteristic property of nonlinear encoding is investigated with regard to its potential to accelerate MRI acquisitions...
- Local shape adaptation for curved slice selection
University Medical Center Freiburg, Department of Radiology Medical Physics, Freiburg, Germany
Magn Reson Med 72:112-23. 2014
..However, the nonlinearity of the fields results in a varying slice thickness. Within this study, the technique is combined with multidimensional RF excitation for local adaptation of the slice shape...