Affiliation: University of Potsdam
- Health-related quality of life in children with abdominal pain due to functional or organic gastrointestinal disordersPetra Warschburger
Counseling Psychology, Department of Psychology, Potsdam University, Karl Liebknecht Str 24 25, 14476 Potsdam, Germany
J Pediatr Psychol 39:45-54. 2014..Comparing health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in children suffering from functional and organic gastrointestinal disorders and to identify predictors for HRQOL...
- "Childhood overweight and obesity: maternal perceptions of the time for engaging in child weight management"Petra Warschburger
Department of Psychology, University of Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Str, 24 25, 14476, Potsdam, Germany
BMC Public Health 12:295. 2012....
- [Psychological aspects of obesity. Consquences for content, indication, and success of therapy]P Warschburger
Universität Potsdam Beratungspsychologie, Deutschland
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 54:562-9. 2011..Future studies should focus more on various psychosocial outcomes and addressing the question of psychosocial predictors of short- and long-term treatment success...
- Maternal perception of weight status and health risks associated with obesity in childrenPetra Warschburger
Department of Psychology, University of Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Strasse 24 25, 14476 Potsdam OT Golm, Germany
Pediatrics 124:e60-8. 2009..To examine factors associated with the maternal perception of the weight status in related and unrelated children and to examine whether associated health risks for children's physical and mental health are recognized...
- Are maternal weight, eating and feeding practices associated with emotional eating in childhood?Katja Kröller
Department of Psychology, University of Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Str 24 25, 14476 Potsdam OT Golm, Germany
Appetite 65:25-30. 2013..Taking the model of Birch and Davison (2001) into account, we focus on the role of maternal feeding behavior on the association between emotional eating of the mother and the child...
- Health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with asthma: results from the ESTAR StudyPetra Warschburger
Center for Clinical Psychology and Rehabilitation, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
J Asthma 41:463-70. 2004..In summary, inpatient rehabilitation results in an improvement of health-related quality of life. Further research concerning the psychosocial situation of children and adolescents in this setting is needed...
- Associations between maternal feeding style and food intake of children with a higher risk for overweightKatja Kröller
University of Potsdam, Institute of Psychology, Karl Liebknecht Str 24 25, 14476 Potsdam OT Golm, Germany
Appetite 51:166-72. 2008..The aim of this study is to examine the impact of different feeding strategies on the child's food intake as well as the effect and influence socio-economic status and weight have on the use of feeding strategies...
- Evaluation of a cognitive-behavioral pain management program for children with chronic abdominal pain: a randomized controlled studyMartina Groß
Department of Psychology, Area of Cognitive Sciences, University of Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Str 24 25, 14476, Potsdam, Germany
Int J Behav Med 20:434-43. 2013..The newly developed cognitive-behavioral group program, "Stop the pain with Happy-Pingu," includes six sessions for the children and one meeting for the parents...
- The face of appearance-related social pressure: gender, age and body mass variations in peer and parental pressure during adolescenceSusanne Helfert
Department of Psychology, University of Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Str, 24 25, 14476, Potsdam, OT Golm, Germany
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 7:16. 2013..Thus the aim of this study is to provide a detailed picture of gender, weight, and age-related variations in the perception of appearance-related social pressure by peers and parents...
- Maternal feeding strategies and child's food intake: considering weight and demographic influences using structural equation modelingKatja Kröller
University of Potsdam, Department of Psychology, Karl Liebknecht Str, 24 25, Germany
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:78. 2009..abstract:..
- A prospective study on the impact of peer and parental pressure on body dissatisfaction in adolescent girls and boysSusanne Helfert
Department of Psychology, University of Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Strasse 24 25, Potsdam, Germany
Body Image 8:101-9. 2011....