Affiliation: University of Bonn
- [Working memory and the psychopathology of schizophrenia]H Walter
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 76:S16-23. 2008..The investigation of WM-function in schizophrenic subsyndromes with functional neuroimaging techniques still remains a clinical and scientific desideratum...
- Neuropsychotherapy: conceptual, empirical and neuroethical issuesHenrik Walter
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Division of Medical Psychology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 259:S173-82. 2009..In sum, we argue that neuroscience harbors great potential and add-on value for improving psychotherapeutic practice and research if applied properly...
- The temporal dynamics of voluntary emotion regulationHenrik Walter
Division of Medical Psychology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e6726. 2009..However, to date little is known about the sustainability of these neural effects once active emotion regulation has been terminated...
- Dysfunction of the social brain in schizophrenia is modulated by intention type: an fMRI studyHenrik Walter
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Medical Psychology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 4:166-76. 2009..This may be due to the tendency of schizophrenic patients to attribute intentionality to physical objects. Our findings have implications for the study and understanding of ToM in schizophrenia but also in other disorders like autism...
- Altered reward functions in patients on atypical antipsychotic medication in line with the revised dopamine hypothesis of schizophreniaHenrik Walter
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Medical Psychology, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 206:121-32. 2009..To study the mesolimbic dopamine system during expectation and receipt or omission of rewards in partially remitted patients with schizophrenia treated with the atypical antipsychotic olanzapine...
- Effects of a genome-wide supported psychosis risk variant on neural activation during a theory-of-mind taskH Walter
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Division of Mind and Brain Research, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Mol Psychiatry 16:462-70. 2011....
- Enantio-selective cognitive and brain activation effects of N-ethyl-3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine in humansM Spitzer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Leimgrubenweg 12 14, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
Neuropharmacology 41:263-71. 2001..Plasma concentrations were higher for the (R)-enantiomer. The so-called entactogenic effects of MDE are likely to be caused by the (S)-enantiomer, whereas (R)-MDE appears to be responsible for neurotoxic effects...
- The neural correlates of drivingH Walter
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Germany
Neuroreport 12:1763-7. 2001..It is concluded that simulated driving requires mainly perceptual-motor integration and that the limited cognitive capacity model of driving has to be revised...
- The navigation of transcranial magnetic stimulationU Herwig
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Leimgrubenweg 12, D 89070 Ulm, Germany
Psychiatry Res 108:123-31. 2001..Future applications of TMS should take individual anatomy into account, and neuronavigation provides the means to do so...
- Functional impact of a recently identified quantitative trait locus for hippocampal volume with genome-wide supportS Erk
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Transl Psychiatry 3:e287. 2013....
- Human amygdala reactivity is diminished by the β-noradrenergic antagonist propranololR Hurlemann
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Psychol Med 40:1839-48. 2010....
- Response inhibition in borderline personality disorder: event-related potentials in a Go/Nogo taskM Ruchsow
Department of Psychiatry, Christophsbad Göppingen, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:127-33. 2008..The present study is the first to examine Nogo-N2 and Nogo-P3 in BPD and provides further evidence for impaired response inhibition in BPD patients...
- [The concept of working memory in schizophrenia: current evidence and future perspectives]R C Wolf
Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik III, Universitat Ulm
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:449-68. 2006..This review provides a short overview on the concept of WM and its relevance for cognitive psychology, discussing both recent behavioral and functional neuroimaging evidence on WM-dysfunction in schizophrenia...
- Flupenthixol versus risperidone: subjective quality of life as an important factor for compliance in chronic schizophrenic patientsI Hertling
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Neuropsychobiology 47:37-46. 2003..In a spectrum ranging from its typical end "haloperidol" to its atypical end "clozapine", flupenthixol has typical and atypical characteristics...