Affiliation: University of Greifswald
- Predictors of clinical response to gluten-free diet in patients diagnosed with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndromeUlrich Wahnschaffe
Medical Clinic A, Department of Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Nutritrion, University Hospital Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:844-50; quiz 769. 2007....
- EUS-guided Trucut needle biopsies as first-line diagnostic method for patients with intestinal or extraintestinal mass lesionsUlrich Wahnschaffe
Department of Medicine A, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Nutrition and Nephrology University Hospital, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat Greifswald, Friedrich Loeffler Strasse 23a, D 17475, Greifswald, Germany
Surg Endosc 23:2351-5. 2009....
- High rates of complications and substantial mortality in both types of refractory sprueSeverin Daum
Department of Medicine I, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology and Infectious Diseases, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:66-70. 2009..Refractory sprue (RS) is a rare malabsorption syndrome defined by persisting small bowel villous atrophy despite a strict gluten-free diet. The clinical picture and long-term outcome of RS is highly variable and is not well described...
- Pancreatic pseudocysts: observation, endoscopic drainage, or resection?Markus M Lerch
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin A, Universitätsklinikum der Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität, Greifswald, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 106:614-21. 2009..They are diagnosed with imaging studies and can be treated successfully with a variety of methods: endoscopic transpapillary or transmural drainage, percutaneous catheter drainage, laparoscopic surgery, or open pseudocystoenterostomy...
- Diagnostic value of endoscopy for the diagnosis of giardiasis and other intestinal diseases in patients with persistent diarrhea from tropical or subtropical areasUlrich Wahnschaffe
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Medical Clinic I Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, and Rheumatology, Berlin, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:391-6. 2007..The role of endoscopy in the identification of other causes of chronic diarrhea acquired during travel abroad was also evaluated...