R von Kries
Affiliation: University of Munich
- [Vaccination ethics: report on a workshop at the Ruher-Universität Bochum]R von Kries
Abteilung für Epidemiologie des Kindes und Jugendalters mit dem Schwerpunkt Gesundheitsforschung, Institut für Soziale Pädiatrie und Jugendmedizin, Munich
Klin Padiatr 225:50-2. 2013..Research challenges in vaccination ethics pertain to paternalism, individualism, solidarity and definition of basic health care with respect to vaccine preventable disease...
- General ultrasound screening reduces the rate of first operative procedures for developmental dysplasia of the hip: a case-control studyRudiger Von Kries
Division of Epidemiology, Institute for Social Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Pediatr 160:271-5. 2012..To assess the effectiveness of general ultrasound screening to prevent first operative procedures of the hip...
- Association between exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields assessed by dosimetry and acute symptoms in children and adolescents: a population based cross-sectional studySabine Heinrich
Unit for Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology and Net Teaching, Institute and Outpatient Clinic for Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, University Hospital of Munich LMU, Ziemssenstr, 1 80336 Munich, Germany
Environ Health 9:75. 2010..The authors investigated this potential association using personal dosimeters...
- Exposure to mobile telecommunication networks assessed using personal dosimetry and well-being in children and adolescents: the German MobilEe-studySilke Thomas
Institute and Outpatient Clinic for Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Ziemssenstr, 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Environ Health 7:54. 2008..Especially children and adolescents are important in the discussion of adverse health effects because of their possibly higher vulnerability to radio frequency electromagnetic fields...
- Asthma in changing environments--chances and challenges of international research collaborations between South America and Europe--study protocol and description of the data acquisition of a case-control-studyAnja Boneberger
Institute and Outpatient Clinic for Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
BMC Pulm Med 10:43. 2010..So far, research in this part of the world is limited. This paper presents the methodology and description of the data acquisition of an asthma case-control study conducted in the Central South of Chile...
- Risk factors for childhood obesity: shift of the entire BMI distribution vs. shift of the upper tail only in a cross sectional studyAndre M Toschke
King s College London, Division of Health and Social Care Research, Department of Public Health Sciences, 7th Floor Capital House, 42 Weston St, London, SE1 3QD, UK
BMC Public Health 8:115. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the impact of known risk factors for childhood obesity on the BMI distribution...
- Vaccination coverage in children can be estimated from health insurance dataHelen Kalies
Institute for Social Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Munich, Germany
BMC Public Health 8:82. 2008..We assessed whether routine data generated by statutory health insurances (SHI) might be used to monitor vaccination coverage in young children...
- Maternal postnatal depression and child growth: a European cohort studyVeit Grote
Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
BMC Pediatr 10:14. 2010..This study examined the hypothesis that maternal postnatal depression may be a risk factor for later child growth faltering or overweight...
- The association between use of electronic media and prevalence of headache in adolescents: results from a population-based cross-sectional studyAstrid Milde-Busch
Institute of Social Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Heiglhofstrasse 63, 81377 Munich, Germany
BMC Neurol 10:12. 2010..The aim of the present study was to assess associations between frequent use of electronic media and the prevalence of different types of headache in adolescents...
- An illustration of and programs estimating attributable fractions in large scale surveys considering multiple risk factorsSimon Rückinger
Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Institute of Social Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Epidemiology, Munich, Germany
BMC Med Res Methodol 9:7. 2009..While logistic regression for adjusted individual estimates of odds ratios (OR) is widely used, similar approaches for AFs are rarely applied...
- Effect of heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccination on invasive pneumococcal disease in preterm born infantsSimon Rückinger
Division of Epidemiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Institute of Social Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 10:12. 2010..Data from randomized trials is based on relatively small numbers of preterm born children...
- Invasive Haemophilus influenzae infections in Germany: impact of non-type b serotypes in the post-vaccine eraHelen Kalies
Department Epidemiology, Institute for Social Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 9:45. 2009....
- Effect of ultrasound screening on the rate of first operative procedures for developmental hip dysplasia in GermanyRudiger Von Kries
Department for Paediatric Epidemiology, Institute for Social Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Lancet 362:1883-7. 2003..A national hip ultrasound-screening programme, undertaken during the first 6 weeks of life, was introduced across Germany in 1996 and was continued for 5 years. We assessed the rate of first operation on the hip during this programme...