P H Vogt
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Report of the Third International Workshop on Y Chromosome Mapping 1997. Heidelberg, Germany, April 13-16, 1997P H Vogt
, , Germany
Cytogenet Cell Genet 79:1-20. 1997
- Human Y chromosome azoospermia factors (AZF) mapped to different subregions in Yq11P H Vogt
Section Molecular Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 5:933-43. 1996..As the most severe phenotype after deletion of each locus is azoospermia, we designated them as: AZFa, AZFb and AZFc. Their probable phase of function in human spermatogenesis and candidate genes involved will be discussed...
- A large AZFc deletion removes DAZ3/DAZ4 and nearby genes from men in Y haplogroup NS Fernandes
Section of Molecular Genetics and Infertility, Department of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 74:180-7. 2004..These data confirm the expectation that the human Y chromosome sequence and gene complement may differ substantially between individuals and more variations are to be expected in different Y chromosomal haplogroups...
- The AZF proteinsP H Vogt
Molecular Genetics and Infertility Unit, Department of Gynecology, Endocrinology and Infertility, University Women Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Androl 31:383-94. 2008....
- Arylsulfatase D gene in Xp22.3 encodes two protein isoformsP Urbitsch
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg, INF 328, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
DNA Cell Biol 19:765-73. 2000....
- DAZ (Deleted in AZoospermia) genes encode proteins located in human late spermatids and in sperm tailsB Habermann
Department of Andrology, Centre of Dermatology, University of Marburg, Germany
Hum Reprod 13:363-9. 1998..Deletion of DAZ genes is supposed not to interfere with human sperm maturation but to result in a gradual reduction of mature spermatozoa...
- The shorter zinc finger protein ZNF230 gene message is transcribed in fertile male testes and may be related to human spermatogenesisS Zhang
Department of Medical Genetics, West China Hospital and Key Laboratory of Morbid Genomics and Forensic Medicine of Sichuan, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, People s Republic of China
Biochem J 359:721-7. 2001..The lack of detectable ZNF230 expression in azoospermic patients by reverse transcriptase-mediated PCR analysis is interpreted to mean that this gene is involved in maintaining normal human male fertility...
- High frequency of DAZ1/DAZ2 gene deletions in patients with severe oligozoospermiaS Fernandes
Reproduction Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 8:286-98. 2002..It is most likely caused by intrachromosomal recombination events between two long repetitive sequence blocks (AZFc-Rep1) flanking the DAZ gene structures...
- A SPGY copy homologous to the mouse gene Dazla and the Drosophila gene boule is autosomal and expressed only in the human male gonadZ Shan
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 5:2005-11. 1996..SPGYLA encodes an RNA binding protein expressed only in the human male gonad. The data presented give strong evidence that not DAZ but SPGYLA is the functional human homologue of Dazla and boule...
- High deletion frequency of the complete AZFa sequence in men with Sertoli-cell-only syndromeC Kamp
Reproduction Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 7:987-94. 2001..This may provide a valuable prognostic tool for infertility clinics performing testicular sperm extraction, as it would enable the exclusion of AZFa patients with a complete SCO syndrome...