Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- High-sensitive Troponin T increase after exercise in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionMirko Völkers
Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Respiratory Medicine, University Medical Center, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
BMC Pulm Med 13:28. 2013..The current study aimed to investigate the release of myocardial high-sensitive Troponin T (hsTnT) in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in response to maximal physical exercise...
- Orai1 and Stim1 regulate normal and hypertrophic growth in cardiomyocytesMirko Voelkers
Department of Internal Medicine III, Laboratory for Molecular and Translational Cardiology, Division of Cardiology, INF 350, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:1329-34. 2010..This study shows for the first time that both Orai1 and Stim1 have a key role in cardiomyocyte SOCE regulating both normal and hypertrophic postnatal cardiac growth in vitro...
- S100A1: a regulator of striated muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ handling, sarcomeric, and mitochondrial functionMirko Völkers
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine III, Laboratory for Molecular and Translational Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, INF 350, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:178614. 2010....
- S100A1: a multifaceted therapeutic target in cardiovascular diseaseDavid Rohde
Laboratory for Molecular and Translational Cardiology, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, INF 350, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 3:525-37. 2010..In summary, elaborate basic and translational research established S100A1 as a multifaceted therapeutic target in cardiovascular disease, providing a promising novel therapeutic strategy to future cardiologists...
- Endothelin receptor antagonist and airway dysfunction in pulmonary arterial hypertensionAnnette S Droste
Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Respiratory Medicine, Heidelberg, Germany
Respir Res 10:129. 2009..Bosentan (ET-1 receptor antagonist) improves pulmonary hemodynamics, exercise limitation, and disease severity in IPAH. We hypothesized that bosentan might affect airway obstruction...
- Decreased contractility due to energy deprivation in a transgenic rat model of hypertrophic cardiomyopathyMark Luedde
Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:411-22. 2009..In summary, we demonstrate profound energetic alterations in DEL-TNT hearts, supporting the notion that inefficient cellular ATP utilization contributes to the pathogenesis of HCM...