T D Vloet
Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Psychotherapeutic and pharmacological treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder]Timo D Vloet
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Medizinische Fakultat, Universitatsklinikum Aachen
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 40:29-39; quiz 39-40. 2012..Novel treatments in children and adolescent have been reported for antiglutamatergic agents as riluzole or D-cycloserine, a partial agonist of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA)...
- Impact of anxiety disorders on attentional functions in children with ADHDTimo D Vloet
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Affect Disord 124:283-90. 2010..This is the first study that examines the influence of anxiety disorders (ANX) on ADHD in a model-oriented approach including selectivity and intensity parameters of attention...
- Neural mechanisms of interference control and time discrimination in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimo D Vloet
Cognitive Neurology Section, Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine, Research Centre Juelich, Aachen University, Germany
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:356-67. 2010..Both executive functions and time perception are typically impaired in subjects with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). However, the exact neural mechanisms underlying these deficits remain to be investigated...
- [The meaning of anxiety in the phenotyping of children and adolescents with conduct disorder - a path toward more consistent neurobiological findings?]Timo D Vloet
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Medizinische Fakultat, Universitatsklinikum Aachen
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 39:47-57. 2011..In sum, a more detailed characterization of children with CD might help to improve our understanding of antisocial development and enhance therapeutic options...
- [The effect of social and monetary reward on inhibitory control in boys with hyperkinetic conduct disorder]Timo D Vloet
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 39:341-9. 2011..This study investigated the effects of social and monetary reward on response inhibition in boys with ADHD + CD/ODD compared to healthy controls...
- [Development of antisocial disorders--impact of the autonomic stress system]T D Vloet
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Medizinische Fakultat, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, 52074 Aachen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 78:131-8. 2010..Particularly early diagnostic assessment of the individual's extent of trait anxiety might help to specify therapeutic opportunities and could thereby improve therapeutic efficiency...
- Structural and functional MRI- findings in children and adolescents with antisocial behaviorTimo D Vloet
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen, University Hospital, Neuenhofer Weg 21, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Behav Sci Law 26:99-111. 2008..Neurobiological aspects of CD have been investigated in these children but little is known about structural and functional brain aberrations...
- [Neuroimaging data of ADHD, tic-disorder and obsessive-compulsive-disorder in children and adolescents]Timo D Vloet
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Neuenhofer Weg 21, DE 52074 Aachen
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 34:343-55. 2006..Since the majority of the studies reviewed are characterised by small and heterogeneous samples, and since the studies differ in their methods, comparability is limited and general conclusions can not be drawn...
- [Aetiology and life-course of conduct disorder in childhood: risk factors for the development of an antisocial personality disorder]Timo D Vloet
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 34:101-14; quiz 114-5. 2006..While antisocial behaviour is only transient in some children, others show increasing criminal behaviour and delinquency, and some even develop an antisocial personality disorder...
- [Predictors of antisocial behaviour. Peripheral psychophysiological findings in children and adults with conduct disorder]T D Vloet
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Neuenhofer Weg 21, 52074 Aachen
Nervenarzt 77:782-90. 2006..Due to its versatility, this biological marker might be used for prevention in children at greater risk of developing antisocial behaviour...
- Morphometric brain abnormalities in boys with conduct disorderThomas Huebner
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen, Germany
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:540-7. 2008..Although there have been several neuroimaging studies on morphometric differences in adults with antisocial personality disorder, little is known about structural brain aberrations in boys with CD...
- ADHD and delinquency--a developmental perspectiveG G von Polier
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Behav Sci Law 30:121-39. 2012....
- Disordered eating behaviour and attitudes, associated psychopathology and health-related quality of life: results of the BELLA studyBeate Herpertz-Dahlmann
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Hospital Aachen, Technical University, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:82-91. 2008..To identify disordered eating behaviour and attitudes in a large representative population in order to determine the relationship with body weight status, and to assess associated psychopathology and health-related quality of life...
- Associations between trait anxiety and psychopathological characteristics of children at high risk for severe antisocial developmentGeorg G Polier
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Atten Defic Hyperact Disord 2:185-93. 2010..Anxiety should be considered carefully in children with ADHD and the early-onset subtype of CD in order to optimize current therapeutic interventions...
- Cerebral dysfunctions of emotion-cognition interactions in adolescent-onset schizophreniaKatharina Pauly
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:1299-310. 2008..In this study, possible dysfunctions of the neural correlates underlying the interaction of negative emotion and working memory in AOS were investigated...
- Functional and structural regression of the rabbit corpus luteum is associated with altered luteal immune cell phenotypes and cytokine expression patternsClaudia A Krusche
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, Wendlingweg 2, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 118:479-89. 2002..During structural regression pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines are upregulated possibly to control immune cell function...
- No association between affective and behavioral dysregulation and parameters of thyroid function in youthsF D Zepf
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, RWTH University of Aachen, Germany
J Affect Disord 134:478-82. 2011..The present study investigated whether altered thyroid functioning in youths is associated with the severe mood dysregulation symptoms characterized by the CBCL-DP...
- Emotional processing in male adolescents with childhood-onset conduct disorderSabine C Herpertz
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Rostock, Germany
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:781-91. 2008..While a number of functional neuroimaging studies on emotional processing have been performed in antisocial adults, little is known about how CD children process emotional information...