Affiliation: University of Cologne
- The problem of placebo-controlled trials allowing rescue medication: how to assess efficacy in rhinosinusitis and allergic rhinoconjunctivitis when both groups receive active rescue treatmentJulia Vent
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Cologne, Germany
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 9:222-7. 2009....
- Effects of traditional Chinese acupuncture in post-viral olfactory dysfunctionJulia Vent
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cologne Medical Center, Cologne, Germany
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142:505-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of traditional Chinese acupuncture (TCA) on olfactory function in patients with persistent post-viral olfactory dysfunction (PVOD)...
- Impact of recurrent head trauma on olfactory function in boxers: a matched pairs analysisJulia Vent
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Kerpener Str 62 50924 Cologne, Germany
Brain Res 1320:1-6. 2010..Furthermore, cushioning of the gloves can be protective and should be increased to safeguard sportsmen from physical damage. Boxing can serve as a model for central regeneration after trauma...
- Congenital familial bilateral branchial tracts: a rare caseJulia Vent
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 87:48-50. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of familial bilateral branchial tracts to be described in the literature...
- [Dysphagia as a presenting symptom of a cervical neurofibroma]J Vent
Klinik und Poliklinik für Hals Nasen Ohren Heilkunde, Kopf und Halschirurgie, Universitätsklinikum Köln, Koln, Germany
HNO 57:625-8. 2009..Management and differential diagnoses of globus sensation are herein discussed. This case underlines the importance of tomographic imaging, even in common but persisting symptoms such as globus sensation...
- Depth of olfactory sulcus and olfactory functionThomas Hummel
Smell and Taste Clinic, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Dresden Medical School, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Brain Res 975:85-9. 2003..Thus, it may be carefully speculated that sensory input in the olfactory system results in cortical growth in the area of the olfactory sulcus, at least at some developmental stage...
- Methylene blue for easy and safe detection of salivary duct papilla in sialendoscopyJan Christoffer Luers
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:466-7. 2008
- Prevalence and risk factors for oral human papillomavirus infection in 129 women screened for cervical HPV infectionMoritz F Meyer
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cologne, Germany Electronic address
Oral Oncol 50:27-31. 2014..In addition, we analyzed risk factors for an oropharyngeal colonization with HPV in their sexual partners, too...
- Assessment of the antiobstructive effect of fexofenadine on nasal allergy challenge in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitisRalph Mosges
Institute of Medical Statistics, Informatics and Epidemiology, University Hospital Cologne, Germany
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 27:181-90. 2009..041). In this double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, subjective patient ratings as well as objective investigator assessments demonstrate the anti-obstructive effect of fexofenadine in nasal allergen challenge...
- The impact of ethanol and tobacco smoke on intranasal epithelium in the ratJulia Vent
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Am J Rhinol 17:241-7. 2003..Analysis of ethanol and tobacco smoke-induced histopathological mucosal changes in the upper respiratory tract may provide important insight into the pathophysiology of secondary olfactory dysfunction...
- Is there a need for positron emission tomography imaging to stage the N0 neck in T1-T2 squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity or oropharynx?Ursula Schroeder
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cologne Medical Center, Cologne, Germany
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 117:854-63. 2008....
- Dysphagia as a cause of chest pain: an otolaryngologist's viewJulia Vent
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Hospital Cologne, Kerpener Street 62, Cologne 50924, Germany
Med Clin North Am 94:243-57. 2010..In this article the differential diagnoses of dysphagia are discussed, and the otolaryngologist's approach to diagnosis and therapy are explained...
- p16 expression in carcinoma of unknown primary: diagnostic indicator and prognostic markerJulia Vent
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cologne Medical Centre, Cologne, Germany
Head Neck 35:1521-6. 2013..For CUP syndrome, no optimized diagnostic and treatment strategy or biomarker have yet been determined...
- Integration of HPV6 and downregulation of AKR1C3 expression mark malignant transformation in a patient with juvenile-onset laryngeal papillomatosisChristian Ulrich Huebbers
Jean Uhrmacher Institute for Otorhinolaryngological Research, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e57207. 2013..e. that HPV6 integration in the AKR1C3 gene resulted in loss of its expression. Alterations of AKR1C gene expression have previously been implicated in the tumorigenesis of other (HPV-related) malignancies...
- On the sustainability of guideline implementationJuliane Köberlein
From the 1Institute of Medical Statistics, Informatics and Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany 2Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cologne Medical Center, Cologne, Germany
World Allergy Organ J 3:258-61. 2010..The objective of the present analysis was to estimate the compliance with guidelines among ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists and general practitioners...
- Direct involvement of the isotype-specific C-terminus of beta tubulin in ciliary beatingJulia Vent
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Cell Sci 118:4333-41. 2005....
- Intranasal volume and olfactory functionMichael Damm
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Cologne, Germany
Chem Senses 27:831-9. 2002..The latter finding is of special interest for nasal surgery, which allows modification of this volume through resection of the inferior turbinate and/or septoplasty...