Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Outcome analysis and rational management of enhancing lesions incidentally detected on contrast-enhanced MRI of the breastAndrea Teifke
Department of Radiology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Langenbeckstr. 1, Mainz D-55131, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:655-62. 2003..Indeterminate enhancing incidental lesions should be histologically examined by minimally invasive techniques or, if they are small, followed up by another MRI 6 months later...
- Dynamic MR imaging of breast lesions: correlation with microvessel distribution pattern and histologic characteristics of prognosisAndrea Teifke
Department of Radiology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Radiology 239:351-60. 2006..To evaluate the association of dynamic enhancement parameters of benign and malignant breast lesions at magnetic resonance (MR) imaging with microvessel distribution and histologic prognostic tumor characteristics...
- [Second reading of breast imaging at the hospital department of radiology: reasonable or waste of money?]A Teifke
Klinik und Poliklinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Universitatsklinik Mainz
Rofo 178:330-6. 2006..To assess the effect of a second diagnostic reading of breast imaging at a university department of radiology...
- Undetected malignancies of the breast: dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging at 1.0 TAndrea Teifke
Department of Radiology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Germany
Radiology 224:881-8. 2002..To assess the prevalence and characteristics of malignant breast lesions not identified with magnetic resonance (MR) imaging...
- Combination of low and high resolution sequences in two orientations for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI of the breast: more than a compromiseToni W Vomweg
Department of Radiology, University Medical Centre, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Mainz, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:1732-42. 2004..185 to 0.422). This protocol at the charge of slightly enlarged time for measurement offers an elegant way to improve analysis of architectural features in MRM...
- Preoperative assessment of breast cancer: sonography versus MR imagingAlexander Hlawatsch
Department of Radiology, Johannes Gutenberg University Hospital, Langenbeckstr. 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:1493-501. 2002..Additional MR imaging can be restricted to problematic cases in women with dense breast parenchyma...
- [Self-organizing neural networks for automatic detection and classification of contrast (media) enhancement of lesions in dynamic MR-mammography]T W Vomweg
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie, Klinikum der Universität Mainz
Rofo 177:703-13. 2005..Investigation and statistical evaluation of "Self-Organizing Maps," a special type of neural networks in the field of artificial intelligence, classifying contrast enhancing lesions in dynamic MR-mammography...
- [Direct percutaneous radiologic jejunostomy (PR) and duodenostomy: a retrospective analysis]O Rieker
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz
Rofo 177:393-8. 2005..To present our experience with direct percutaneous radiologic duodenostomy and jejunostomy (PRJ) for alimentation...
- Improved artificial neural networks in prediction of malignancy of lesions in contrast-enhanced MR-mammographyT W Vomweg
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Med Phys 30:2350-9. 2003..The quality of the resulting network strongly depends on the training methods, which are improved by the use of novel training tools. The best results of an improved ANN outperform expert radiologists...
- [Combination of low and high resolution T1-weighted sequences for improved evaluation of morphologic criteria in dynamic contrast enhanced MRI of the breast]T W Vomweg
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie, Klinikum der Universität Mainz, Germany
Rofo 174:1445-9. 2002..Demonstration of possible diagnostic improvement with representative measurements in patients with suspected breast cancer by adding morphologic parameters from high resolution sequences to the analysis of the signal-time curve...
- [MR mammography of response-control in primary chemo-brachytherapy in BCT-inoperable breast cancer]A Hlawatsch
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie, Universitat Mainz
Rofo 173:31-7. 2001..To evaluate (1) if neoadjuvant chemo-brachytherapy interferes with MR imaging, (2) if MR can predict the size of the remaining tumor after therapy and (3) if MR can give prognostic information after the onset of therapy...
- [Chloroma (granulocytic sarcoma, myeloblastoma). Clinical aspects and radiological diagnosis]M Anders
Klinik und Poliklinik für Radiologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz
Rofo 172:282-6. 2000..Various radiological procedures were applied including plain radiography, MRT, CT and mammography. The results are compared with literature. Principles of therapy were supplemented...