Affiliation: University of Regensburg
- In 75 semesters, from mannan and dolichol to Pir proteins and membrane compartmentation: personal recollectionsWidmar Tanner
, , Germany
Yeast 24:221-8. 2007
- O-mannosylation precedes and potentially controls the N-glycosylation of a yeast cell wall glycoproteinMargit Ecker
, , 93040 Regensburg, Germany
EMBO Rep 4:628-32. 2003..These data prove that the O- and N-glycosylation machineries compete for Ccw5; therefore O-mannosylation by Pmt4 precedes N-glycosylation...
- Distribution of Can1p into stable domains reflects lateral protein segregation within the plasma membrane of living S. cerevisiae cellsKaterina Malinska
Universitat Regensburg, Lehrstuhl für Zellbiologie und Pflanzenphysiologie, Universitatsstrasse 31, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:6031-41. 2004..Finally, two other proteins were localized within the frame of the Can1p/Pma1p plasma-membrane partition. We show that Fur4p (another H+ symporter) and Sur7p (a protein of unknown function) occupy the Can1p subdomain...
- Lipid raft-based membrane compartmentation of a plant transport protein expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeGuido Grossmann
Institute of Cell Biology and Plant Physiology, University of Regensburg, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Eukaryot Cell 5:945-53. 2006....
- Membrane potential governs lateral segregation of plasma membrane proteins and lipids in yeastGuido Grossmann
University of Regensburg, Cell Biology and Plant Physiology, Regensburg, Germany
EMBO J 26:1-8. 2007..In accordance with these observations, depolarized membranes also considerably change their physical properties (detergent sensitivity)...
- Protein glycosylation, conserved from yeast to man: a model organism helps elucidate congenital human diseasesLudwig Lehle
Lehrstuhl für Zellbiologie und Pflanzenphysiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Universitatstrasse 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:6802-18. 2006....
- O-mannosyl glycans: from yeast to novel associations with human diseaseTobias Willer
, , 93040, Regensburg, Germany
Curr Opin Struct Biol 13:621-30. 2003..Their association with neuromuscular diseases has focused the attention of different research areas on protein O-mannosylation...
- Pir proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae are attached to beta-1,3-glucan by a new protein-carbohydrate linkageMargit Ecker
, Universitaet Regensburg, Universitaetsstrasse 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:11523-9. 2006..This transglutaminase-type reaction could take place extracellularly and would energetically proceed on the account of amido group elimination...
- Differential effect of phosphatidylethanolamine depletion on raft proteins: further evidence for diversity of rafts in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMiroslava Opekarova
Institute of Microbiology, CAS, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Biochim Biophys Acta 1711:87-95. 2005..This is independently supported by the observations made by confocal microscopy. In addition we show that PE is involved in the stability of Can1p-raft association...
- Visualization of protein compartmentation within the plasma membrane of living yeast cellsKaterina Malinska
Universitat Regensburg, Lehrstuhl für Zellbiologie und Pflanzenphysiologie, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 14:4427-36. 2003..These domains were shown to be stable in growing cells for >30 min. To our knowledge, this is the first observation of a cell polarization-independent lateral compartmentation in the plasma membrane of a living cell...
- Scw10p, a cell-wall glucanase/transglucosidase important for cell-wall stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeSergej Sestak
Lehrstuhl für Zellbiologie und Pflanzenphysiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 31, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Microbiology 150:3197-208. 2004..The data suggest that Scw4p and Scw10p act as glucanases or transglucosidases in concert with other cell-wall proteins to assure cell-wall integrity...
- Targeted disruption of the Walker-Warburg syndrome gene Pomt1 in mouse results in embryonic lethalityTobias Willer
Lehrstuhl für Zellbiologie und Pflanzenphysiologie, Universitat Regensburg, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14126-31. 2004..The targeted disruption of mPomt1 represents an example of an engineered deletion of a known glycosyltransferase involved in O-mannosyl glycan synthesis...
- Sed1p and Srl1p are required to compensate for cell wall instability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants defective in multiple GPI-anchored mannoproteinsIlja Hagen
, , , 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Mol Microbiol 52:1413-25. 2004..Analysis of genes affected in transcription revealed that SED1 and SRL1 in particular are required to reconstruct cell wall stability in the absence of multiple GPI-anchored mannoproteins...
- Phosphatidyl ethanolamine is essential for targeting the arginine transporter Can1p to the plasma membrane of yeastMiroslava Opekarova
Institute of Microbiology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
Biochim Biophys Acta 1564:9-13. 2002..Despite the pleiotropic effect of PE depletion, a specific role of PE in secretion of a defined group of permeases can be distinguished. Pmf-driven transporters are more sensitive to the lack of PE than other plasma membrane proteins...