Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Murine endogenous retrovirusesC Stocking
Heinrich Pette Institute, Hamburg, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:3383-98. 2008..We review mechanisms by which an adaptive coexistence has evolved. (Part of a multi-author review)...
- AML1-ETO inhibits maturation of multiple lymphohematopoietic lineages and induces myeloblast transformation in synergy with ICSBP deficiencyMaike Schwieger
Department of Cell and Virus Genetics, Heinrich Pette Institut für Experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Exp Med 196:1227-40. 2002..Our findings demonstrate that AML1-ETO synergizes with an ICSBP deficiency to induce myeloblastic transformation in the BM, reminiscent of AML...
- Mus cervicolor murine leukemia virus isolate M813 belongs to a unique receptor interference groupV Prassolov
Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Moscow, Russia
J Virol 75:4490-8. 2001..M813 thus defines a novel receptor interference group of type C MuLVs...
- Functional identification of secondary mutations inducing autonomous growth in synergy with a truncated interleukin-3 receptor: implications for multi-step oncogenesisV Prassolov
Department of Cell and Virus Genetics, , Hamburg, Germany
Exp Hematol 29:756-65. 2001....
- Reduced proliferation of CD34(+) cells from patients with acute myeloid leukemia after gene transfer of INPP5DA Metzner
Center of Experimental Medicine, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Cellular Signal Transduction, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Gene Ther 16:570-3. 2009..These data show that SHIP1 can effectively block GM-CSF-dependent and autonomous proliferation of AML cells...
- Gene transfer of SHIP-1 inhibits proliferation of juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia cells carrying KRAS2 or PTPN11 mutationsA Metzner
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Center of Experimental Medicine, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Cellular Signal Transduction, Hamburg, Germany
Gene Ther 14:699-703. 2007..These data indicate that SHIP-1 can effectively block GM-CSF hypersensitivity in JMML progenitor cells with mutations in KRAS2 or PTPN11 and may be a useful approach for the treatment of JMML patients...
- The gene for erythropoietin receptor is expressed in multipotential hematopoietic and embryonal stem cells: evidence for differentiation stage-specific regulationC Heberlein
Heinrich Pette Institut für Experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie, Universitat Hamburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 12:1815-26. 1992..However, the lack of significant levels of GATA-1 expression in embryonal stem cells implies an alternative regulatory mechanism of EpoR transcription in cells not committed to the hematopoietic lineage...
- Sequential mutations in the interleukin-3 (IL3)/granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor/IL5 receptor beta-subunit genes are necessary for the complete conversion to growth autonomy mediated by a truncated beta C subunitJ Hannemann
Abteilung der Zell und Virusgenetik, Heinrich Pette Institut für Experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie, Hamburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 15:2402-12. 1995..Implications for both leukemogenic progression and receptor-subunit interaction and signaling are discussed...
- Gadd45 beta is a pro-survival factor associated with stress-resistant tumorsA Engelmann
Heinrich Pette Institut, Hamburg, Germany
Oncogene 27:1429-38. 2008....