- Pesticide risk mitigation by vegetated treatment systems: a meta-analysisSebastian Stehle
Institute of Environmental Sciences, Univ Koblenz Landau, Landau, Germany
J Environ Qual 40:1068-80. 2011..We conclude that VTSs are a suitable and effective risk mitigation strategy for agricultural nonpoint source pesticide pollution of surface waters. Further research is needed to improve their overall efficacy in retaining pesticides...
- Probabilistic risk assessment of insecticide concentrations in agricultural surface waters: a critical appraisalSebastian Stehle
Institute for Environmental Sciences, University Koblenz Landau, Fortstraße 7, 76829, Landau, Germany
Environ Monit Assess 185:6295-310. 2013..Our study quantifies for the first time the environmental and economic consequences of inappropriate monitoring and risk assessment concepts used for the evaluation of short-term peak surface water pollutants such as insecticides. ..
- Regulatory FOCUS surface water models fail to predict insecticide concentrations in the fieldAnja Knäbel
Institute for Environmental Sciences, University Koblenz Landau, Fortstrasse 7, D 76829 Landau, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 46:8397-404. 2012..In conclusion, the FOCUS modeling approach is not protective for insecticide concentrations in the field...
- Geodata-based probabilistic risk assessment and management of pesticides in Germany: a conceptual frameworkRalf Schulz
Institute for Environmental Sciences, University Koblenz Landau, Im Fort 7, D 76829 Landau, Germany
Integr Environ Assess Manag 5:69-79. 2009..Overall, the new procedure will aim at increased flexibility of pesticide application regulations and a high level of protection of surface waters...
- Agricultural insecticides threaten surface waters at the global scaleSebastian Stehle
Institute for Environmental Sciences, University Koblenz Landau, D 76829 Landau, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:5750-5. 2015....