- Treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome with 5-HT3 receptor antagonists--preliminary resultsM Spath
Friedrich Baur Institut, University of Munich, MünchenGermany
Scand J Rheumatol Suppl 113:72-7. 2000..Results from a few studies led to the hypothesis of a "postsynaptic hyperresponsiveness" in CFS. Therefore we intended to evaluate the efficacy of 5-HT3 receptor antagonists in the treatment of CFS...
- Current experience with 5-HT3 receptor antagonists in fibromyalgiaMichael Späth
Friedrich Baur Institute, Ludwig Maximilians University, Ziemssenstr 1L D 80336, Munchen, Germany
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 28:319-28. 2002....
- [What's new in the therapy of fibromyalgia?]M Spath
Friedrich Baur Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Schmerz 17:437-40. 2003..Patients having received 5 or 10 mg showed a less pronounced increase in pain. In addition, even 12 months after stopping treatment, pain was still markedly below baseline levels in the 5 and 10 mg groups...
- Efficacy and tolerability of intravenous tropisetron in the treatment of fibromyalgiaM Spath
Friedrich Baur Institute, University of Munich, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Scand J Rheumatol 33:267-70. 2004..To determine the efficacy of a serotonin receptor (5-HT(3)) antagonist in the treatment of fibromyalgia (FM) in a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial...
- Treatment of fibromyalgia with tropisetron--dose and efficacy correlationsM Spath
Friedrich Baur Institute, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Scand J Rheumatol Suppl 119:63-6. 2004..Although tropisetron proved to be efficacious in a group of fibromyalgia patients, the dose-response curves cannot yet be explained in a fully satisfactory manner, which may encourage research focusing on possible subgroups of FM...